What's Your Date?

badnewspears

What day do you think you'll give up the fight to push this administration into a change at AD?

We were angry and frustrated going into Portland St. We came out of that game in shock and mad as hell, only to be rewarded with the removal of McCarney. We waited for Monday...nothing. Tuesday...nothing. Western Kentucky comes to town and we're delivered another beat down...and yet RV still stands.

Ok, a committee will be involved with the selection of the new HC. (But if RV is still around, what does it matter?)

Smatresk doesn't back him publicly but says nothing more than allusions to athletics being important to a strong university. (But what...we expect him to speak bluntly about the performance of an employee?)

Now, we enter the weekend. Great college football games on, but no game of ours to rile us up. An away game next week at Marshall but it's not at home in front of our eyes to pull us together in frustration and anger. The world keeps turning, our ship keeps sailing, and RV is at our wheel.

So when do you think you're going to start feeling exhausted fighting the good fight for the ol' Mean Green?

When will you lay down your sword and fall into apathy?

When will the letters stop, the tweets silence, and you accept that this administration, the BOR, and the 17 just won't see the opportunity we have to truly be the best UNT that we can be on the field and on the court in addition to the classroom?

What's your date?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

That should help.  And by the way,  the president is reading your emails, the really really good ones he forwards on to "people"

And "people" spend a good 30 minutes of valuable time justifying their job by firing back at those fans, which shows what a small time operation that "people" runs. 

And no, he didn't respond to me. 

Just sit back and laugh at us if you must, but you will be sitting back and laughing with crowds of 10k and less. This year and next.

But, hey, I guess this program was only meant for 17 people, right?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I will not get give up until he is gone,  I am done with RV and he is fully responsible for the way Portland State game turned out.  Beyond that his hiring and management in the athletic department is been really bad, his scheduling of football has been awful, his lies or BS just gets worse, his fund raising is far from what he promised or expected, his marketing of football and basketball is weak to bad, and then there is the coach hiring. I think an average AD should be replaced ever 10 years minimum anyway, and I think RV is well below average. I would like to see new excited blood.  

I will not get give up until he is gone,  I am done with RV and he is fully responsible for the way Portland State game turned out.  Beyond that his hiring and management in the athletic department is been really bad, his scheduling of football has been awful, his lies or BS just gets worse, his fund raising is far from what he promised or expected, his marketing of football and basketball is weak to bad, and then there is the coach hiring. I think an average AD should be replaced ever 10 years minimum anyway, and I think RV is well below average. I would like to see new excited blood.  

all really good points

And "people" spend a good 30 minutes of valuable time justifying their job, which shows what a small time operation that "people" runs. 

Just sit back and laugh at us if you must, but you will be sitting back and laughing with crowds of 10k and less. This year and next.

Glad to know you are sticking with it and showing up to games, guess we can call the number "18" now.

And I don't have a job, and I do run a very small time organization.....

Edited by flyonthewall
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

all really good points

Glad to know you are sticking with it and showing up to games, guess we can call the number "18" now.

It's a year to year evaluation, just as RV's job should be...

Have you seen the poll numbers?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And "people" spend a good 30 minutes of valuable time justifying their job, which shows what a small time operation that "people" runs. 

I disagree with UNT90 it not a "program" for 17 people.  It is a private sports bar for RV and 17 closet TCU fans who don't want to pony up the dough to get the "Platinum Eagle" treatment at TCU.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If we are going to do this, you are going to have to give me time to re read my post and submit my edits, I am not very good at this internet thing, I have to have other people insert FIG's for me.

apparently you are better than I, being I don't know what a FIG even is...

Edited by UNT90

There isn't any quit in this old dog, but I stated in a post some days ago that April is more or less my "Come to Jesus" time frame. If we come to the end of basketball season and there are no changes in AD administration, I will not write another check. I'll walk and do something else with my time and money where I can reap better psychic rewards.

Now if someone was "reassigned" to a broom closet with a sign on the door that read "Sexual Advisor -- F'n Advice Given When Requested", I might be appeased.

• Upvote 1

UNT top level is Platinum Eagle 15k

TCU top level  50k

So if I were a rich but economical TCU fan I think I would opt for the private sports bar at UNT and watch TCU games from my box at Apogee.  The food is pretty good and couldn't get a better view of the TCU game than the big screen TV has.

My date is the end of the basketball season.  I hope they call or e-mail about renewing.  My question will be contact me when RV is no longer the AD.   Because I am not interested in helping to offset the cost of the private sports bar for the 17 with my donation.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2

UNT top level is Platinum Eagle 15k

TCU top level  50k

So if I were a rich but economical TCU fan I think I would opt for the private sports bar at UNT and watch TCU games from my box at Apogee.  The food is pretty good and couldn't get a better view of the TCU game than the big screen TV has.

My date is the end of the basketball season.  I hope they call or e-mail about renewing.  My question will be contact me when RV is no longer the AD.   Because I am not interested in helping to offset the cost of the private sports bar for the 17 with my donation.

I don't have a date...I'm not going anywhere...tailgating is too damn enjoyable for me...I need a place to drink on 5 Saturdays a year...

Get a grip, man! You shouldn't be drinking alone.

• Upvote 3

I've thought of doing this as well, trading season tix for individual games...just haven't been able to pull the trigger. For the umpteenth time now, I pause because it feels we are sooooo close to turning a corner toward greatness (hell, I'd accept goodness at this point). I suppose it's that sports-paranoia/superstition that tells me the year I give it up, we become great and I can't get back in.

Crazy? Yes. But that's the Mean Green in me.

• Upvote 2

I don't have a date...I'm not going anywhere...tailgating is too damn enjoyable for me...I need a place to drink on 5 Saturdays a year...

I read it as when would I give up on pushing for RV to be removed, I won't quit until I hear an announcement of RV's departure one way or another. They can name a building after RV and give him a hell of a retirement party I don't care as long as he is gone and soon I hope.

I am not giving up Tailgating either. 

And if one of valued student athletes were tasked with contacting me this is what I would tell them.  "Congratulations you are one the few that get the great opportunity to play college sports at the highest level.  I am proud to have you at UNT and will be even more proud to see you as an alum with a degree.  Unfortunately you chose to play sport at UNT a college that does not value athletics so it would be stupid for me to make a donation to athletic department.  The performance of the athletic program diminishes the value of my degree especially outside of Texas and the bordering states.  People with no connections to this area think UNT is a backwater school or worse yet a satellite campus in the University of Texas System.  They still call us Texas State or NTSU when the name has been changed for well over 2 decades.  Athletic failure is no where near solely responsible for this but it has greatly contributed to that incorrect perception.  The powers at UNT insist on playing division 1 sports but have never demonstrated the accountability necessary to make anything but the Olympic Sports successful.  So my donations go strictly to the alumni association since they decided to keep their inept joke of an AD.  I am sorry they tasked you with contacting me but I hope you great academic success because if you play a revenue sport you won't see much in success in your athletic endeavors while at UNT. "

• Downvote 2