Mack Brown is waiting for our call

gangrene

No, but missing on 3 Heisman winning quarterbacks was bad enough...

Not sure who the other one was, but if Manziel or Griffin played at UT, they would not have won the Heisman.  They would have been way more productive than Ash and whoever else Mack was trotting out there, but Griffin was thanks to Briles' Offense.  Same with Manziel & Sumlin's Offense.  2 matches made in heaven.

Not sure who the other one was, but if Manziel or Griffin played at UT, they would not have won the Heisman.  They would have been way more productive than Ash and whoever else Mack was trotting out there, but Griffin was thanks to Briles' Offense.  Same with Manziel & Sumlin's Offense.  2 matches made in heaven.

Jameis Winston

Jameis Winston

Don't forget Andrew Luck.

• Upvote 1

Jameis Winston

Winston is from a Birmingham, Alabama suburb. After his commitment and enrollment to FSU he stated that he would have and wanted to go to UT, but he never heard from them. I wouldn't trust Winston with a potato gun, much less his word. But going by his "word", then yes, Brown missed on 3 really good QB's. 

• Upvote 3

I know this is just a far-fetched hypothetical discussion, but It would be stark raving mad for UNT not to hire Mack Brown if he wanted the job at our salary.

Every Texas alumnus and Texas fan in this state would be interested in seeing what he did here. It would give UNT a giant footprint in Texas football for a few years. The national media would cover our program with an interest it has never had before. Casual college football fans with no UNT ties might drive up to see his Mean Green play.

In a way it would be like Steve Spurrier taking over South Carolina when everyone in Florida thought he was done with coaching.

The potential upside would be huge.

I feel like the media attention alone would only help the university as a whole. Imagine how many people in Texas would be hearing about North Texas for the first time. The initial recruiting class could be a huge turnaround. I'm sure Brown could bring in quality assistants that could eventually replace him following a retirement. 

However, this could all bbackfire. Then disregard everything I mentioned. 

• Upvote 3

Cerebus' Keys to Happiness:

1. Forget about Mack Brown.
  2. Learn to love the triple option.

I am honestly all for the triple option. It's an easy system to implement, but you have to have the balls to do it and stick with it. It's hard to defend and we will never be dominant, but because it is hard to defend we will always win more than we lose and that is success. But maybe even most importantly, it's easy to recruit these type of players and we never have to worry about our season hinging on the success of a QB throwing the football again, ever. I am sure we can lure a Ga Tech or Navy coordinator in a heartbeat. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am honestly all for the triple option. It's an easy system to implement, but you have to have the balls to do it and stick with it. It's hard to defend and we will never be dominant, but because it is hard to defend we will always win more than we lose and that is success. But maybe even most importantly, it's easy to recruit these type of players and we never have to worry about our season hinging on the success of a QB throwing the football again, ever. I am sure we can lure a Ga Tech or Navy coordinator in a heartbeat. 

http://www.navysports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jasper_ivin00.html

Let's do it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1