MGB breaking news -- Three suspended for tonight's game

Brett Vito

You may have a slight point, but it sure is awful convenient, isn't it? 

What makes it "convenient" is the fact that Harris is actually doing something on the field.  Hence the "put up" part of put up or shut up.

Y'all are assuming they were suspended for violating social media ban, if that were the case, Kirby would be snapping the ball to Smith and he wouldn't have anyone to throw it to (props to those guys for actually staying off of it)

The article doesn't state that this was what they were suspended for.

Good call.

If it turns out that they were suspended for violating "one of the first rules that Coach Canales put out there", and only the bench players were suspended while starters didn't face punishment, then Canales is full of ish and needs to move on sooner rather than later. It tells the team that you don't have to follow the rules if you play well on Saturday. It creates a cancerous locker room and will make the new HC's job even harder when he gets here. I hope they were suspended for something other than the social media ban and all players got equal physical or other punishment for the violations of the ban. Below is verbatim what Canales said so there is no grey area that would give "players who put up" any grace or special treatment.

"one of the first rules that Coach Canales put out there, no social media. I don't want to see it. If I see it, there's consequences. And I was very direct with it. and I personally will not but somebody will be scanning twitter, facebook. I said, You wanna tweet? The next time you should tweet is after we win. That's the next time you can tweet. Until then, shelve it. Let's bound this hou...let's make are tent small, let's make our house firm. Cause when you send out things like that, whether you're unhappy or not, or you're voicing your opinion, you're letting everybody else down, and that's what we shouldn't do right now. We should make sure we're focused on going and winning a football game and I think that's real important so that's what we're gonna do right now and hopefully they'll follow through it, cause there'll be consequences if they don't.

• Upvote 2

IF Coach Canales made it clear that there were new team rules to follow, and IF there was plenty of time for the players to understand the new rules, and IF a player, starter or third team walk on, violated those rules, and IF coach Canales doesn't discipline any violators, I will have a problem with respecting anything he says.  These are men we're talking about.  They know, or should know,  right from wrong and they know, or should know how to follow rules.

Welcome Coach Canales

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 2