DaMarcus Smith gets the nod

So much for holding our cards close to our (sweater) vest. I would love to attend a poker night at the Athletic Department. 

It's gameday.  I would think if WKY were going to prepare specifically for a QB, it would happen before gameday.  I don't mind them putting a picture of Damarcus up on social media to hopefully drum-up some support.   

• Upvote 1

It's gameday.  I would think if WKY were going to prepare specifically for a QB, it would happen before gameday.  I don't mind them putting a picture of Damarcus up on social media to hopefully drum-up some support.   

I can guarantee you they prepared for D. Smith knowing if Mcnulty trots out there the game is over before it starts.  Just a hunch on my part. 

• Upvote 6

Agreed.. the mistakes that were made with Dajon (no patience for mistakes, no time to develop, no game plan for his strengths) were obvious to everyone. I believe the Mean Green Nation understands the growing pains of a young QB, even if Coach Mac did not. As much as I want to win now, I am willing to wait until next season for W's if Chico uses THIS season to get "The Decade" ready for 2016. I don't care if he throws 20 int's, let the kid learn his lessons now, and grow him for our future. I think we will see tremendously good AND bad plays this year, but the fans and Alums will again be energized by this program. Show us you are ready to do what some other coaches couldn't do, Chico. Give Demarcus seven full games and a proper game plan to work with. Don't just judge him by his game-day mistakes, but by the positives that will be there now and in the future. You can do that Coach.. you've done it before and we were there.

GMG!!!

• Upvote 2

Agreed.. the mistakes that were made with Dajon (no patience for mistakes, no time to develop, no game plan for his strengths) were obvious to everyone. I believe the Mean Green Nation understands the growing pains of a young QB, even if Coach Mac did not. As much as I want to win now, I am willing to wait until next season for W's if Chico uses THIS season to get "The Decade" ready for 2016. I don't care if he throws 20 int's, let the kid learn his lessons now, and grow him for our future. I think we will see tremendously good AND bad plays this year, but the fans and Alums will again be energized by this program. Show us you are ready to do what some other coaches couldn't do, Chico. Give Demarcus seven full games and a proper game plan to work with. Don't just judge him by his game-day mistakes, but by the positives that will be there now and in the future. You can do that Coach.. you've done it before and we were there.

GMG!!!

"The Decade"? For his jersey number??

GMG!!!

Bingo

Just remember Scott Hall's first season. He made plenty of mistakes and people wondered why in the world he kept his starting job. He took his lumps and grew into a great QB. Chico just needs to stick with him and let him grow. Interceptions, fumbles, etc... are secondary right now. Learning is the most important part.

I hope nobody freaks out when he struggles. No doubt he should be playing, but this is a big challenge and a tough game to get your first start. I'm just hoping for some progress and some touchdowns on the board. Topping our season high of 24 would be great, although I expect to give up 50+. 

• Upvote 2

20 INT's!? That would be rough but I would be willing to ride it out with him in hope of next year. 

I do not think this will happen, I don't know if he'll even throw one as he knows this defense. He went up against them during his time there. This is the perfect game for him to start which makes me believe we have a puncher's chance of pulling off an unprecedented victory tonight. #GMG #LockTheGate

I see a lot of you all posting about the growing pains and newbie mistakes being made by D. Smith if he is the one selected. What sucks about this is the fact that D. Smith probably could of worked those growing pains out the first 5 games. But Mac threw him to the wolves, he hasn't played a whole game at UNT, and this is basically week 1 of the season for him.

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 1