Carlos Harris Tweet to UNT Students

Harry

1. Who cares?  Hasn't he also scored over 1/2 of our team's touchdowns?  You know who doesn't have any unsportsmanlike penalites?   Dudes who don't play or quit.

2.  Of course!  I'm not blind.   But Harris didn't.  Anthony Wallace didn't either.  I'm sure there were others that didn't... But yes, lay off of the one productive dude who didn't quit/lay down (re: once again, scored the only Meant Green TD of the game).

who cares? Apparently, no one. Certainly not his coaches. Sure he's scored a bunch, is that because he's that good or because everyone else isn't very good? On this team it's hard to tell...

So using your logic it's ok for people to go after Rentrfo?

If the rest of the team played balls to the wall like Carlos, we'd be celebrating victories right now. Carlos has made some mistakes but he has also been one of the very few solid players this year.

Current players and parents, I'm begging you, DO NOT read this board! (Sorry Harry). If you decide to continuing reading, don't comment and don't take the comments personal. Let these guys vent, many things said are ignorant and uninformed but it's just because they are frustrated and really have no other recourse. Know that even though there is much talk of never attending another game this season, many will still be there Thursday to root on your Son. Thank you for letting your son come play at North Texas, know that he is appreciated and everyone is hurting right now.

GMG

• Upvote 6

• Harry locked and unlocked this topic

who cares? Apparently, no one. Certainly not his coaches. Sure he's scored a bunch, is that because he's that good or because everyone else isn't very good? On this team it's hard to tell...

So using your logic it's ok for people to go after Rentrfo?

If it floats your boat, I guess.   His contributions are not even remotely close to Carlos Harris'.  Of course, his tweet is not in the same vein as Carlos' so I don't know why he's even being brought up on here.   Just dumb chatter from Rentfro.  If that's the way he chooses to ignore Chico's 'social media ban', then that's his dumb choice.

Harris has been a contributor since the day he got here.  He's been every bit as good OFFENSIVELY as Brelan Chancellor (special teams, not even close to Brelan).   We have one of the best recruits Mac ever pulled in playing WR for us, and he's not done anything near what Carlos has.  So, yes, it's because he's good, not because everyone else isn't good.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is Carlos Dad. To all of you slick talking behind your alias's. Know your facts before you comment. To CAW CAW He always give 110%!!! To MEANGEEN15 You better hope you have more players come to UNT that are willing to GIVE YOU there ALL as MY SON has for UNT!!! UNTBOWLER MY Son has never QUIT in ANY GAME which was obvious the LAST GAME!!! 

The difference between me and the above persons listed in my comment. I don't have to hide behind user names and the internet. We all know how tough the internet has made people these days. 

If he and his teammates are so offended by what people are saying about getting the worst smack down in FCS/FBS history then do something about it. Like my good friend DMX once said "Talk is cheap m....rf.....r"    Do your talking on the field.

Edited by H-towngreen
  • Upvote 1

Carlos Harris is a warrior and great player for us. I also sat behind his dad at the spring game and he is a good fan - very knowledgable about football.  He understands what the issues are as much or more than any of us.

We the fans and players and parents need to stand together during these turbulent times.  There are still many games left to play and I for one hope we can turn things around under Chico.  GMG 

This is Carlos Dad. To all of you slick talking behind your alias's. Know your facts before you comment. To CAW CAW He always give 110%!!! To MEANGEEN15 You better hope you have more players come to UNT that are willing to GIVE YOU there ALL as MY SON has for UNT!!! UNTBOWLER MY Son has never QUIT in ANY GAME which was obvious the LAST GAME!!! 

The difference between me and the above persons listed in my comment. I don't have to hide behind user names and the internet. We all know how tough the internet has made people these days. 

Ok. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When you lose 66-7 to a FCS team, every fan and student has the right to be disgusted with the team. and if what I hear is true, about the team giving up last Saturday. Posting that nonsense on Twitter is almost as hypocritical as our athletic decision making. He needs to turn off his phone and start focusing on tomorrow. His team and him have 7 more games to actually silence the loud UNT weak minded students the right way...

• Upvote 4

He once started a witch hunt online against a few of our biggest fans for retweeting a joke about people needing to hide during the tornado warning at Apogee because there were no touchdowns there. It was a tongue-in-cheek joke, and the dude was threatening people via Twitter then deleted it all. I defended the guy he was attacking and then he went off on me, and then blocked me. The whole thing was hilarious.

Sort of like when you fly off your handle if anyone says a single negative word about Houston? All those negative rep points you dish out on the CUSA forum? Pot. Kettle.

• Upvote 5