Carlos Harris Tweet to UNT Students

Harry

I can't say that I'll miss Carlos when he's gone

Pound for pound he is a great athlete. Obviously he has other issues. I hope when he graduated he finds his way to a successful career doing something.

This is Carlos Dad. To all of you slick talking behind your alias's. Know your facts before you comment. To CAW CAW He always give 110%!!! To MEANGEEN15 You better hope you have more players come to UNT that are willing to GIVE YOU there ALL as MY SON has for UNT!!! UNTBOWLER MY Son has never QUIT in ANY GAME which was obvious the LAST GAME!!! 

The difference between me and the above persons listed in my comment. I don't have to hide behind user names and the internet. We all know how tough the internet has made people these days. 

This is true. I have seen you at games and you like your son give us your all. You cheer and he does play hard. I am sure that like everyone he looses his temper and gets frustrated. I do want to say thanks for the support. Carlos does never quit!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

with all due respect to Carlos, his beef should be with the rest of his teammates that quit on Saturday - not with the fans who find it laughable that we just set the record for futility against FCS teams. It was a complete joke and I can't believe I say through 3 quarters of it. Regardless, I will be there Thursday to support the team and I hope they take some pride in what they are doing.

• Upvote 6

No shit.  The team leadership needs to step up and run some guys off that quit on the rest of the team.  Assuming we have any team leadership.  Our captains or leadership council should be making some examples of some people.

I will be disappointed if we don't see some new faces on the defensive side of the ball at least.  That unit clearly quit after the 3rd series.

• Upvote 3

I haven't posted on CUSABBS in like four years you obsessed petulant child. Or should I post the PM you sent me where you threatened to punch my teeth in? Why don't you back it up, Ben Gooding?

Do what? What are you talking about? I think you think I'm MDH. Let me break it to you, I'm not. 

• Downvote 4

Do what? What are you talking about? I think you think I'm MDH. Let me break it to you, I'm not. 

I think he was saying MDH was acting like Ben Gooding, when actually Ryan Munthe was acting like Ben Gooding.

But on a positive note, attendance at the pregame fights outside Apogee tomorrow night will outdraw what goes on inside Apogee tomorrow night...

• Upvote 7

Harris is certainly entitled to his opinion of the students and us fans. He is a grown man, old enough to fight in a war for our country. We may not like his opinion, but he has a right to hold it. As a grown man, he also needs to own up to his responsibilities. His coach called for a social media ban within the team. Unless Harris has been dismissed from the program, he is clearly in violation of this team rule. I have a great respect and appreciation for what Harris has done over his playing career at UNT, but in this situation he is just plain wrong. Team leaders do not put their coach in this situation, and set a bad example for the underclassmen. Harris needs to be benched for the first half. If he won't accept that punishment like a man, then don't even let him dress out. If he still has a problem with the discipline, bye. Enjoy life after football.

No player, coach, AD, President, member of the BOR, or fan is bigger then the program. If Canales doesn't bench Harris for at least the first half, then he has no real control over his team, and we might as well find a different interim head coach.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Wasn't Harris one of the players suspended for a quarter/half against SMU? I know it was a violation of team rules, but does anyone know more specific details about it?

From what I understand, at least some details of player/student discipline are protected by a Federal statute similar to HIPPA. I don't pretend to know the details of the law but it appears perishable to say a player is being disciplined but not for a school to reveal the exact details of why. I heard about that in relations to the kid from Boise who transferred to Baylor and was then convicted of raping a Baylor student. There were lots of accusations Baylor knew the player had been disciplined for assaulting a girl at Boise. Boise State released a statement that, yes he had been disciplined but not for anything in anyway related to assaulting a girl. BSU added they could not say what he was specifically disciplined for doing and cited the law, the name of which I forget. This explains a lot of "we're handing a discipline situation in house" comments over the last few years from multiple schools. Obviously if a player does something that makes the paper or involves law enforcement, the information can come out from a source other than the school. Perhaps one of our attorney fans to research this further. Please. 

Without a doubt Carlos is a very talented player and certainly gives full effort each and every game. My son was on the team from 2007-2011 which included Coach Canales' first interim stint.  If my son had choose to ignore a Social Media ban that Canales also announced to the public in his press conference then I would have been extremely disappointed and upset with my son. 

• Upvote 6

Look, unless Carlos is suspended for whatever amount of time. Be it first series, first half, whole game, whatever... Then we know either Chico's ban means NOTHING or some players just don't care about the ban and/or whatever rules Chico has imposed. It makes the University look pathetic(if we could possibly look any more pathetic at this stage) and means the inmates are running the asylum. If Chico is serious then we better either see some players sit or hear an explanation of what social media ban means. I'm tired of this program looking 2nd rate. 

• Upvote 1

Drumroll...

Ladies and Gentlemen, children of all ages, I give you the lack of discipline and leadership that earned us the title of worst team in the country!!!

If this team didn't munity and Laid down vs Portland State then we may have the worst FBS team in history. 

I have been chastised on this board for calling the players quitters. I just call it like I see it. Not sure how anyone can say they play with heart. 

Mid they did munity then I am not sure I want anyone if them back. Sad state of affairs men. Sad state. 

• Upvote 4

If this team didn't munity and Laid down vs Portland State then we may have the worst FBS team in history. 

I have been chastised on this board for calling the players quitters. I just call it like I see it. Not sure how anyone can say they play with heart. 

Mid they did munity then I am not sure I want anyone if them back. Sad state of affairs men. Sad state. 

I think it's crystal clear to everyone that they quit against Portland St. 

And as as long as we have a 3rd rate AD, 2nd rate is just a standard that we can dream about, not attain. 

So embarrassing...on so many levels, just as bad as it can get for a school that is supposed to be a FBS program.

The entire program needs a Mean Green enema at this point. The AD needs to be replaced, the head coach needs to be hired from far away from Denton, and the whole lot of coaches on the staff, as well as a huge chunk of the players need to go. Once you quit, you'll always quit--and let others around you see that quitting is acceptable.

• Upvote 2

So embarrassing...on so many levels, just as bad as it can get for a school that is supposed to be a FBS program.

The entire program needs a Mean Green enema at this point. The AD needs to be replaced, the head coach needs to be hired from far away from Denton, and the whole lot of coaches on the staff, as well as a huge chunk of the players need to go. Once you quit, you'll always quit--and let others around you see that quitting is acceptable.

Yeah, almost seems like we should pull a UAB and start all over again. After 100 freakin' years in our case.

This has been one of the most entertaining reads in quite some time on this forum.

Maybe I spend too much time on the internet myself, but it sure does amaze me how much some random comments on the internet can rile people up. The one shining light of UNT football just had to go ahead and join the rest of the team by embarrassing himself on twitter and having his dad post an angry comment on a forum. This is absolute gold.