Official WKU Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

The King is dead, long live the interim king!

WKU is just slapping everyone not named Indiana around.  They are the worst possible C-USA opponent for North Texas considering all of the circumstances leading up to the game.

North Texas will likely loosen up quite a bit.  It will be nice to see.  Whether the effort comes back, that is to be determined... however, this WKU team is good enough to beat any desire out of a normally healthy, motivated squad.   I can't imagine what they're going to do to the Mean Green.

Actually, I can imagine:
UNT - 20 (with 14 of those points coming against their 2nd/3rd stringers in the 4th quarter)
WKU - 73 (with 28 of those points coming from their 2nd/3rd stringers in the 2nd half)

• Upvote 2

If I remember correctly, Vegas opened at +28 for UNT.  Sagarin has us at +35.  So I'll go the middle route and say +31 for UNT.

WKU -- 63 on six first half touchdowns and three second half touchdowns scored on accident by the 2nd and 3rd team

UNT - 32 on two Jeffrey Wilson rushing TDs, two Smith passing TDs, and two safeties on special teams (that should actually score against us, but the CUSA refs get both confused and award us the points)

We will get a dead cat bounce on Thursday but we'll still take it in the shorts. The offense will manage 24 points but WKU will score at will and not run it up late.

WKU   55

UNT   24

This performance might put Kansas back in the Number 1 position.

Not going to predict a score, but I just don't see us winning this game. WKU is a good team and even if things make positive movements, WKU is still going to be a good team. I just want to see those positives in the game. I don't need a win here, just a good effort and and improved team over the debacle that was Saturday. If we can do that, I will feel better about the direction of the team. I don't think I am asking for much.

• Upvote 1

This is going to take a super heroic effort as Doughty is garnering national attention and finding his name mentioned as a NFL QB.  He's headed towards a bright spotlight next week in Baton Rouge against LSU and he knows he can truly make a name for himself in that game.  So just come to  Denton, fling it around and run up the score early so he can get out and rest up for his big game...

Problem is, our players just got slapped in the face with a harsh sense of reality.  They've played piss poor, with no effort, energy, or passion.  They embarrassed former players, alumni, students, everyone.  They got a head coach they respected fired.  They realize this isn't a game, there is a lot more than just themselves at stake.  They're pissed off and short week plays to our advantage as they haven't had much of a chance to unleash their anger.

Everyone to a man steps up and wins their individual assignments.  They get back to playing for the man beside them and delivering the blows instead of taking them.

Canales rallies the troops, Smith makes plays against a defense he knows inside and out, and Wilson hammers  away to keep our defense, and Doughty, off the field.

Somehow, someway, they step up  and WIN. 

Get the job done and carry some confidence into the Marshall game. 

Havent picked us to win all year. Odds Makers are giving UNT a 0.5% chance of winning this game. I will take that.

North Texas will win. 

Yahoo gave me a 1% chance to win my fantasy matchup going into MNF.  Won by half a point, thanks Antonio Gates!

This is going to take a super heroic effort as Doughty is garnering national attention and finding his name mentioned as a NFL QB.  He's headed towards a bright spotlight next week in Baton Rouge against LSU and he knows he can truly make a name for himself in that game.  So just come to  Denton, fling it around and run up the score early so he can get out and rest up for his big game...

Problem is, our players just got slapped in the face with a harsh sense of reality.  They've played piss poor, with no effort, energy, or passion.  They embarrassed former players, alumni, students, everyone.  They got a head coach they respected fired.  They realize this isn't a game, there is a lot more than just themselves at stake.  They're pissed off and short week plays to our advantage as they haven't had much of a chance to unleash their anger.

Everyone to a man steps up and wins their individual assignments.  They get back to playing for the man beside them and delivering the blows instead of taking them.

Canales rallies the troops, Smith makes plays against a defense he knows inside and out, and Wilson hammers  away to keep our defense, and Doughty, off the field.

Somehow, someway, they step up  and WIN. 

Get the job done and carry some confidence into the Marshall game. 

Yahoo gave me a 1% chance to win my fantasy matchup going into MNF.  Won by half a point, thanks Antonio Gates!

Crazy stuff happens in these types of games. Stats & Match-ups dont matter. I'm not doing a breakdown to tell everyone that WKU is better in every category than us. 

This game is about pride, effort, and passion. 

Sure people will point and laugh and say we are crazy for picking UNT. No we'd be crazy for picking UNT if McNulty and McCarney were leading this team.

• Upvote 2

WKU goes for 60 by halftime.  In a reverse of the famous Coke commercial, Mean Joe comes down from the press box and strips the jerseys from all of our defensive players.  Shamed and embarrassed, the defense then proceeds to score 28 unanswered points off of turnovers in the first 5 minutes of the second half.  WKU kneels out on every offensive play for the remainder of the second half.  Sadly, our offense is unable to score more than 7.

We lose, 35 - 60.

• Downvote 1

UNT 24

WKU 52

Yes, that will be an improvement over what it would have been if no changes were made.

D Smith 14-30, 164 yds, 2 td, 2 Int + 64 yards rushing. 

I think Demarcus will have some rust, but makes some big plays also.

Edited by akriesman

I think WKU is the best program in C-USA and will look like it on Thursday night. Its a bad time for UNT to have a short week. Having said that, WKU probably isn't expecting much fight from the Mean Green, and that's good news for us. Last time Canales took over our struggling program he was able to inspire the players and lead them to a competitive finish. No, I don't see us winning this game, but I do believe we will play are best game of the year (which shouldn't be hard to do).

Lock the Gate... Again!

North Texas 32

WKU 44