Kendal Briles -- North Texas Head Coaching Candidate

Harry

Your schtick is your schtick, and that's the truth, but you fail to mention the various struggles of the various other programs which you find so praiseworthy at this time.  And you don't really have to use so many words to say you don't think UNT has any merit, sports or otherwise.  Hey, pick one of those 6 and go with it.  If your message isn't tired, your writing certainly is.  And with so many who have written well coming out of UNT, that's nobody's fault but your own.

Since we are now make nonsensical comments because we don't like what someone has to say.  So where do you and RV hangout?  What kind of drink do you two partake in when you guys complain about the minority fans not falling in line with rest of the sheep?  Oh, and by the way this "fan" that doesn't live up to your expectations of sheep-dome is about to get dress to go watch this team in this horrible weather.  Will you be there?  Maybe in club seats protected from the elements I suspect.

Edited by Mike Jackson

• 2 years later...

Bump, so after watching his FAU offense, anyone reconsidering their stances? I think I originally said heck no, but man that offense can GO! And no one is talking about BU past that I've seen when mentioning how good of a season FAU is having. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

58 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

No. Our offense is fine and I prefer Littrell's character. 

Any proof ever come out that anyone on staff aside from papa Briles knew about anything going on?? Question no answer.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

i assume that KB is as good a recruiter as he is (allegedly) an offensive genius.  Because what I saw in our conference championship game was an offensive group that was bigger, stronger, and faster than us. That has everything to do with the assessment of raw talent,  and the ability to close the deal on getting them into your program. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Bump, so after watching his FAU offense, anyone reconsidering their stances? I think I originally said heck no, but man that offense can GO! And no one is talking about BU past that I've seen when mentioning how good of a season FAU is having. 

Nope. Even though he has now proven he really is a good OC and a good recruiter at more places than Baylor, we still don't know if he is a good HC and- more importantly- we still don't know enough about whether he can run a clean ship.

After his presence during the Baylor scandal, I can't be the only one looking at that FAU roster full of players with checkered pasts and feel a bit too uncertain about that to want the FBS program of my affection to hire him.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, GMG24 said:

FAU is the perfect place for him to rehab his image.   He'll likely never work in the state of Texas again... too close to the scene of the crimes, regardless of his participation level in it all. 
He has a great understanding of his dad's system, and will do well in FL.    He'll likely step right up to HC at FAU once Kiffin gets picked off.

4 hours ago, outoftown said:

Nope. Even though he has now proven he really is a good OC and a good recruiter at more places than Baylor, we still don't know if he is a good HC and- more importantly- we still don't know enough about whether he can run a clean ship.

After his presence during the Baylor scandal, I can't be the only one looking at that FAU roster full of players with checkered pasts and feel a bit too uncertain about that to want the FBS program of my affection to hire him.

I can list 2 (maybe 3 if you are on the inside of the program).  Please list the roster of checkered past individuals.  1 guy I would have kicked off the team.  The rest of the roster has some high character guys who are graduating.

• Lovely Take 1

11 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Any proof ever come out that anyone on staff aside from papa Briles knew about anything going on?? Question no answer.  

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/college-football/fau-coach-kendal-briles-accused-using-sex-get-recruits-baylor/IVr42TSpgEtmp7O1HPJj6H/

A particularly notorious allegation in the lawsuit is that Kendal Briles, a former assistant coach and Art Briles’s son, enticed one recruit by saying: “Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they LOVE football players.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/09/sports/baylor-football-sexual-assault.html

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

So, if you are the person that chose to down vote my comment, would you care to share your opinion on why you would prefer Briles?

How in the world  would you know one character from the other? 

3 hours ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

I can list 2 (maybe 3 if you are on the inside of the program).  Please list the roster of checkered past individuals.  1 guy I would have kicked off the team.  The rest of the roster has some high character guys who are graduating.

I witnessed on two separate occasions, once on tv and once live and right in front of me, at least 50 of your "high character guys" commit unremorseful assault. They just took turns slapping around and beating up on the defenseless.

It was disgusting and you should be ashamed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Crazy said:

is kb actually doing the play calling like graham?  or is kiffin overseeing the play calling?

also, i think art is at least giving kb notes every week on the weeks opponents.

It's KB's offense and KB is calling the plays.  Kiffin commented that had KB been hired away that he could call the plays but not as effectively as KB.  There's no playbook.

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/college-football/fau-coach-kendal-briles-accused-using-sex-get-recruits-baylor/IVr42TSpgEtmp7O1HPJj6H/

A particularly notorious allegation in the lawsuit is that Kendal Briles, a former assistant coach and Art Briles’s son, enticed one recruit by saying: “Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they LOVE football players.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/09/sports/baylor-football-sexual-assault.html

An allegation.  If it was recorded ok, but its hearsay with no tangible proof.  I have spoken several times with KB, I just don't believe the allegation.  It's such a silly comment it is beyond comprehension that it could be true.  But if he did?  What does it mean.

• Downvote 5

11 minutes ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

An allegation.  If it was recorded ok, but its hearsay with no tangible proof.  I have spoken several times with KB, I just don't believe the allegation.  It's such a silly comment it is beyond comprehension that it could be true.  But if he did?  What does it mean.

It means he is one amoral SOB and is using the lowest form of enticement to recruit a football player. If that is all it takes to get someone on your roster and enrolled at a fine institution like Baylor, is that the type of person you want representing you and your university? I'm glad you like him. You can keep him.

• Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

Seriously?  You think all of these young ladies just made this up?  For what purpose?  KB's daddy was the HC.  They all knew and were all on board including the board at Baylor.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

It means he is one amoral SOB and is using the lowest form of enticement to recruit a football player. If that is all it takes to get someone on your roster and enrolled at a fine institution like Baylor, is that the type of person you want representing you and your university? I'm glad you like him. You can keep him.

It's an offensive comment, no doubt.  But do you think he's the first coach ever to say something like that to a recruit?

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

i would say 99% of the universities that recruit athletes use the female students as a recruiting tactic.  utsa and utep might not because nobody will believe them when they say they have attractive females on campus.

are the Eagle Angels still a thing? 

• Downvote 1