Steve Sarkisian fired at USC

BillySee58

Feel bad for one of the high school recruits they got out of McKinney North - Ronald Jones. He's a great athlete and student and was starting to show signs of promise as a true Freshman for them. I hope they can bring in a coach who can spread the field more and has his personal issues in order. 

Sumlin mentioned as a potential candidate at USC. The A&M coaching job opening up right now would create a huge chain of hires throughout the state

Yes but I don't see him leaving to go to Southern California. he has set up too much here in Texas. Also the S EC is the powerhouse and why would he leave

• Upvote 1

Sumlin mentioned as a potential candidate at USC. The A&M coaching job opening up right now would create a huge chain of hires throughout the state.

I could see Chip Kelley bailing on the Eagles.  His experiment ain't going so well up there in Philly.

• Upvote 1

Yes but I don't see him leaving to go to Southern California. he has set up too much here in Texas. Also the S EC is the powerhouse and why would he leave

USC is still a better job. I personally believe it's the best job in the country. It's easier for USC to get everyone they want out of California than it is for Texas to get everyone they want from this state. You're a lot more likely to win a national championship at USC than A&M, especially because you don't have to navigate that conference schedule.

If it came down to Texas VS USC, Chip would go back to the Pac12 unless Texas money-whips USC... which they can.

Yup. Although that is possible. Depends if USC thinks Sumlin is worth paying what it takes if Texas offers something ridiculous.