I need to take deeper breaths or start drinking....

meanrob

Because the idea of our crappy AD hiring our crappy OC as the next head coach is sending me over the edge.

-1 all you want. I'll be under the covers in the fetal position. 

Most don't realize how much better is out there, they want to pick what they  know. The team should have a rebound induced by the firing don't mistake that for coaching. Plus now there is not much to lose so they are going to go all out and have fun. I see us winning 2-3 games if everything comes together. I hope we just don't need a 0-12 season and none of the remaining coaches do either. 

Fire RV! 

There is a lot of "RV is safe, don't even bother" vibes being thrown out by certain people.  IF that is true we need to RAISE HELL and make sure Smatresk understands how unhappy that would make a lot of us.

Do we have a gaggle of Bagdad Boobs ?

We may not be the big fish, but the dozen ticket holders in my club section are unanimous, we won't buy tickets next year if the AD isn't changed.  I think there is a lot of people thinking along the same line.  

and some have already NOT bought tickets this year and are waiting to see what happens before they buy tickets again...

If RV finds 10 million out there soon by all means let's keep him.  I want the AD focused on raising money.  Period. Hell put Hank Dickinson in charge of coaching hires.  I think he will do a better job.  

UH is about to get into the Big 12 in the coming years.  Why?  First and foremost they found the money.  We need an AD that can do that. 

• Upvote 2

There is a lot of "RV is safe, don't even bother" vibes being thrown out by certain people.  IF that is true we need to RAISE HELL and make sure Smatresk understands how unhappy that would make a lot of us.

We may not be the big fish, but the dozen ticket holders in my club section are unanimous, we won't buy tickets next year if the AD isn't changed.  I think there is a lot of people thinking along the same line.  

There's also a vibe that Smatresk is well aware at this point. He knows RV's track record and such. If he lets donors, who obviously don't care that RV hasn't produced, pull a power move then he's the problem too. But yes, by all means keep letting him know. 

• Upvote 2

Because the idea of our crappy AD hiring our crappy OC as the next head coach is sending me over the edge.

-1 all you want. I'll be under the covers in the fetal position. 

meanrob, you don't need to lose any sleep.  The threads you are referring to are hypothetical "what if Canales wins out" propositions.  Canals isn't going to get 7, 6, 5, or even 4 wins.  If Canales won out?  Hell yeah, I'd consider him.  But that just isn't going to happen. 

If RV finds 10 million out there soon by all means let's keep him.  I want the AD focused on raising money.  Period. Hell put Hank Dickinson in charge of coaching hires.  I think he will do a better job.  

UH is about to get into the Big 12 in the coming years.  Why?  First and foremost they found the money.  We need an AD that can do that. 

UH also wins

• Upvote 1

Add me to that club seat list.

No breaking news, but it's being thrown around in other posts and it boggles my mind. 

I think you are getting ahead of yourself here. Nobody wants to make Canales the HC right now but some (including me) say that if he wins most of the 7 games he coaches this season, he should at least get a look. But let's be honest with ourselves, the chance of that happening is about as likely as Hayden Fry coming out of retirement to coach us again.

Edited by Cr1028

I think you are getting ahead of yourself here. Nobody wants to make Canales the HC right now but some (including me) say that if he wins most of the 7 games he coaches this season, he should at least get a look. But let's be honest with ourselves, the chance of that happening is about as likely as Hayden Fry coming out of retirement to coach us again.

I'm saying you put feelers out right now and have a decision made by the end of the season on a new coach. You don't make a list, put out the feelers and say "Well, we're waiting to see how our interim does."  He's been here how many years and we're need another seven games to decide? His body of work here speaks for itself.

• Upvote 1

Argument against that is that it resets your stadium gift if you ever want club seats again.  I ain't gonna pay that thing twice.

Are you sure on this? It has been several years now so the details are foggy in my mind. I know when I bought my club seats they allowed me to use money I had already donated to the stadium fund to go towards my seat commitment.  In my mind this means that  once you have donated your mandatory minimums per seat you are free to purchase any year you see fit.  With the risk being seats may  not be available if you skip a year.  I have been wrong before.  Oh yes I have been wrong before.

• Upvote 1