RV Fire Watch

UNTeagle88

I just don't think it is going to happen.  RV will "hire" the next UNT FB coach.  

My only remaining hope is that the President will hire Fritz Von Erich and put RV in the Iron Claw and force him to submit to whatever pre-approved choice Smastrek and his committee approves.  

I'm not sure that's any better however than letting RV pick a candidate from his committee though.  

• Upvote 2

How long would it take to find a new AD and get  him in place?  Two months?  That moves us into December.  The may not be time to make a good AD search and then a good Head coach search before you lose recruiting.  Might have to let RV make the hire ... with lots of oversight ... and the make a decision on RV later on.

Rushing hires now could be more damaging than letting RV hire a coach now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

How long would it take to find a new AD and get  him in place?  Two months?  That moves us into December.  The may not be time to make a good AD search and then a good Head coach search before you lose recruiting.  Might have to let RV make the hire ... with lots of oversight ... and the make a decision on RV later on.

Mac was hired in December. You're not going to get any good, currently coaching candidates to even talk to you until the bowl break. Now is the exact right time to fire RV and start searching for his replacement.

• Upvote 6

Mac was hired in December. You're not going to get any good, currently coaching candidates to even talk to you until the bowl break. Now is the exact right time to fire RV and start searching for his replacement.

This, and a good AD candidate probably keeps a "short list" updated for contingencies. There could be some names on it suitable to our needs.

• Upvote 2

I was bored and view this season as a wash now so I looked up future schedules. Next year we may be looking at a bs 5 home game schedule again. We have Army and Florida on the road and SMU and Liberty at home. Granted Liberty might embarrass us like Portland State but why the hell does RV have an FCS team on the schedule annually? Schedule teams people want to see. RV sucks at scheduling. He should be fired for that alone. 5 home games should get him fired too. Total crap.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I think RV will hang around a little longer. I'm sure Smatresk has him on a very short leash right now. I would not be surprised if the direction of our athletic programs was a topic of discussion at the next BOR meeting. I'm sure every one of the board members that attended the homecoming game must have left disgusted. I highly doubt Mac's firing has appeased them. Just my personal opinion.