Why RV Must Go Too

Side Show Joe

No self respecting coach would take a job and work for an AD that would fire him in the locker room in front of his players.

Plus, having two interim head coaches is just stupid.

Did THAT actually happen? If so, it is the most classless way to dismiss a coach I have ever heard of.  That alone is enough to drop the ax on RV. Mac has his faults but he did not deserve that!

• Upvote 4

This did not happen.  Please stop spreading this rumor.  I just watched the Mac interview and HE said Eric Capper and Hank Dickenson came to him and said RV needed to speak to him in person.  This was handled one on one. 

This did not happen.  Please stop spreading this rumor.  I just watched the Mac interview and HE said Eric Capper and Hank Dickenson came to him and said RV needed to speak to him in person.  This was handled one on one. 

Football Scoope was reporting it. I'm glad it isn't true. I'll adjust my original post.

How great it would be if RV was instructed by his superiors to fire the guy he hired and who ultimately destroyed the football program and then after RV fires MAC, RV's superiors fire him. How sweet it would be.

It would almost make this historic loss worth while. 

Still, speaking as an outsider looking in, I can't think of anything more humiliating to a coach to be called into the AD's office after a big loss and fired.  I know it wasn't done in front of the players, but you know that in this age of social media, they knew about it almost as soon as it happened.

Edited by caseyorourke
  • Upvote 1

Agree it did not happen in front of the players but getting summoned is never a good thing in this kind of situation. Plus they may have already heard the rumors swirling around tailgate via social media so that kind of math is pretty simple. 

Still, speaking as an outsider looking in, I can't think of anything more humiliating to a coach to be called into the AD's office after a big loss and fired.  I know it wasn't done in front of the players, but you know that in this age of social media, they knew about it almost as soon as it happened.

Much more humiliating would be called into the AD's office and fired without the $3m part.  

• Upvote 1

My guess is that RV is a place holder at this time, with a search going on for his successor.  I doubt he will have anything significant to do with the hiring of the new football HC.  

I really hope you are right. While the Mac firing seems like a big deal because we don't really do that in the past, it really wasn't. Something had to happen. It was too obvious. Doing nothing would have been more surprising.

RV has had to fire the last three head coaches in a row mid-season. That in itself should tell us something. We need them being hired away because then we would be doing something right.

and who hired said coaches?