Who Should Be The Next Head Coach @UNT

Eagle-96

Lots of name will be thrown out. How about Beau Baldwin at Eastern Washington. He has had success at the FCS level with a National Chanpionship. He is young at 43. He has an offensive background. 

I would prefer someone from around here, but I'm certainly open to the right guy. We need someone who can relate to and recruit regional players.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I really like Major Applewhite.   I was impressed watching his offense at Houston the other night.  I understand he is a great recruiter. Others at my tailgate liked him as well but some said he might not be interested.  I think if we put in the right package he might be interested.  I would be interested in Briles as well.  We need a guy who can RECRUIT!!!!  Top priority in this job.  Mac never got that.

Edited by Harry

If those guys like Cumbie and Briles won't the job, they should be considered. But those guys are used to recruiting to schools kids want to go to and see on TV growing up. Something to strongly consider.

My guy is still Brad Smiley from Trinity Valley Community College. Best recruiting coach in all of Junior College, does a great job with academics, taking in non-qualifiers and getting them into D1 universities, was the recruiting coordinator at Tulane, can get the guys we need out of DFW, East Texas, and elsewhere. His team beat Blinn today, and they probably could've done the same to us today.

• Upvote 4

If those guys like Cumbie and Briles won't the job, they should be considered. But those guys are used to recruiting to schools kids want to go to and see on TV growing up. Something to strongly consider.

My guy is still Brad Smiley from Trinity Valley Community College. Best recruiting coach in all of Junior College, does a great job with academics, taking in non-qualifiers and getting them into D1 universities, was the recruiting coordinator at Tulane, can get the guys we need out of DFW, East Texas, and elsewhere. His team beat Blinn today, and they probably could've done the same to us today.

None of the current players "grew up" watching Baylor hang 50 on practically everyone they play. Baylor is a system offense that thrives on scoring points to put pressure on the opposing offense bc their D is typically never good. It's a philosophy that is working and would work in Denton. Winning 55-30 is far better than winning 24-21. Offensive points put pressure on the entire opposing team in every facet  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Guys, non of the big names being mentioned, especially the young guys, are gonna touch this job with a 10 foot pole... do not kid yourself. All the guys we are talking about have bright futures ahead of them and with some patience will have their first job at a lower performing p5 school. We are gonna get what we get and be told that it was a good hire in 5 years time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

None of the current players "grew up" watching Baylor hang 50 on practically everyone they play. Baylor is a system offense that thrives on scoring points to put pressure on the opposing offense bc their D is typically never good. It's a philosophy that is working and would work in Denton. Winning 55-30 is far better than winning 24-21. Offensive points put pressure on the entire opposing team in every facet  

The current seniors, juniors, sophomores, and freshmen at Baylor were seniors, juniors, sophomores, and freshmen in high school respectively when RGIII won the Heisman. Which is honestly when most recruits actually start paying attention. 

• Upvote 2