McCarney fired

James329

No way I believe he was fired before the game.  Otherwise he would not have been out there.

RV had no choice if he wanted to make it through the weekend.  I still think he retires at the end of the year.

Agree.

Makes sense that RV was told if you wanna be allowed to retire instead of fired now, you must fire DM.

But maybe that's wishful thinking.

• Upvote 4

Was pulling for Mac but had no idea we would be not only winless at 5 games in but destroyed by Portland State at the start of the season. It's a tough departure and means a winless season. I do not see us winning regardless if he leaves now or at the end of the season. The team is not that good. Coaching is poor all around. The recruits are better at the other schools that we have lost to. Chico needs to go, AD needs to go. 

Also, from an earlier post someone wrote, it is the offensive system that gets the recruits. We need a system like Baylor. Every play has the potential to score. Defenses have to choose how they will respect the space created on the field by receiving and running options. Football has evolved in Texas. It's time for it to evolve at UNT. 

The Iowa State board's discussion of the firing:

Hate to see that.

Geesh north texas has more pride in their program than we do.

D--n, i met Dan walking on the beach in Siesta Key this spring. Saw my ISU hat and walked over and introduced himself and couldn't have been a nicer guy, probably would've stayed and chatted with me for an hour had his wife not been prodding him to keep walking. Had nothing but good things to say about ISU but I could tell he was less than optimistic about his own upcoming season at North Texas. Anyways, he was a real nice guy and it always sucks to see someone lose their job.

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208727&s=1b5b8eee71fb3ba7f11dd1db1d3207e2