If It Goes Badly Tomorrow

MeanGreenHoops

If it goes badly tomorrow, there's no need to boo the play on the field.  

The silence, sitting/leaving fans, and otherwise complete lack of crowd energy will be much more deafening than anything else you could say.

The lack of crowd energy could actually really make a difference in this game. It seems to me the team goes south in a hurry when things don't go well (probably because a lot of inexperience or lack of leadership?)  And "feeling" negativity from the crowd could contribute to that. I think we are good for 3 points tomorrow which we might very well need.

We gather the pitchforks and rush the AD suite? 

This is an idea I could support. That is where the problem lies.

They wont allow umbrellas in Apogee.  I can't wait to see somebody trying to sneak in a pitchfork.

GO MEAN GREEN

Hard to get those pitchforks past security. How about we just pull a Braveheart?

Will we have enough people there for security? If so it is all in the phrasing, from now on our pitchforks are Cheering Sticks.

FREEEEEEDOMMMM from RV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This.  Everyone out in the parking lots and tailgate areas drinking and watching other football games, stadium empty except for what few fans Portland State can bring. 

If RV and Mac survive that type of scenario....

Unthinkable; but, unfortunately, possible.

I honestly think Texas has a better chance of sneaking up on Oklahoma than we have against Portland State tomorrow.  Hard to believe.

I expect a win tomorrow, and I'll be there supporting the team til the end (unless Portland St. somehow blows us out like Iowa).

Difference between supporting and cheering though.   The team has to provide something for us to cheer for.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If it goes badly, how bout we wait for RV to come down the club elevator and slow clap him on his way out (the metaphorical door)

Provided there are enough of us that still remember the words, we could serenade him with a "Him".  

This.  Everyone out in the parking lots and tailgate areas drinking and watching other football games, stadium empty except for what few fans Portland State can bring. 

If RV and Mac survive that type of scenario....

Unthinkable; but, unfortunately, possible.

I honestly think Texas has a better chance of sneaking up on Oklahoma than we have against Portland State tomorrow.  Hard to believe.

Less of a line at the bar for the 17. It's all good. 

It's Homecoming... If it goes bad, everyone need to corner Smatresk and every BOR member you can find. Let them know your opinion. When they finally gets home after the game and can't sit down, because none of them have an ass left, something might get done.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 3

It's Homecoming... If it goes bad, everyone need to corner Smatresk and every BOR member you can find. Let them know your opinion. When they finally gets home after the game and can't sit down, because none of them have an ass left, something will get done.

Samtresk is often in the Club level. I won't do this, because I think he is perceptive enough to read reactions and, more importantly, 15k in the stadium for homecoming. 

Plus, I'll be wearing all black with no insignias of any kind. He will get it.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Samtresk is often in the Club level. I won't do this, because I think he is perceptive enough to read reactions and, more importantly, 15k in the stadium for homecoming. 

I'm sure he is perceptive and understands the condition of the program, but he still needs to hear from the fan base. And, more importantly the fans need to hear from him. To my knowledge, he hasn't commented on our horrible start. It would be nice to know his opinion. I'm not saying scream at the man, but the tough questions need to be asked.

If it goes badly, how bout we wait for RV to come down the club elevator and slow clap him on his way out (the metaphorical door)

I would come to homecoming just for this. Every GMG member line up on either side of the elevator, clap, and say thank you RV as he walks out. This would be an even bigger slap to his face if Portland wins.

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1

That elevator actually goes to the basement levels where the kitchens, shipping and receiving, and other support areas of Apogee lie. I could certainly see him making a discreet escape that way.

I'm sure he is perceptive and understands the condition of the program, but he still needs to hear from the fan base. And, more importantly the fans need to hear from him. To my knowledge, he hasn't commented on our horrible start. It would be nice to know his opinion. I'm not saying scream at the man, but the tough questions need to be asked.

Smatresk most certainly has commented, at most every public function I've heard him this year; most notably his wry disappointed expressed briefly during his State of the University the week after SMU.

• Upvote 2