McCarney says UNT’s sticking with McNulty

Harry

That would cost money, UNT90...we just can't (won't) do that here. Otherwise, the UNT17 will walk away and we will lose money on this program instead of staying in budget.../BOR member

we aren't talking about RV here. Fly has not been on here defending McCarney, only RV. He has also said that money for buy outs is there.

We shall see. 

Has he ever uttered anything close to a negative word in regard to McNulty? I mean, EVER? You would think that McNulty is the second coming of Joe Montana. I used to like this guy but his crap is really getting old. Smith will be likely be gone in January, and there's no telling what kind of corn picker with a photographic memory he will bring in to start next season.

Somebody needs to come up with breach of contract violation, and they can start with the near 100 grand that he dropped in his buddies pocket. Of course nobody in the administration has got the cojones for it.

I'm seriously starting to wonder if his illnesses have had an effect on his mind. If we're destined to lose on Saturday, I hope it's 100-0.  

All at the same time with a QB that couldn't play one down at another FBS university in America, as well...thank God he passes those Chico tests with flying colors and just tears it up against the scout team in practice.

Not that I blame him for grabbing the opportunity here, but no FCS even wanted him. Not even Northern Iowa. 

“Andrew McNulty is our starter,” McCarney said. “I was really disappointed in the consistency of DaMarcus Smith when we did give him an opportunity. He does have talent, but the attention to detail is something he needs to make major, major improvement on. If he does, then he has a chance to contend for the top spot. If he doesn’t, we will get what we saw the other night.”

overconfidence+1.gif

• Upvote 6

Has he ever uttered anything close to a negative word in regard to McNulty? I mean, EVER? You would think that McNulty is the second coming of Joe Montana. I used to like this guy but his crap is really getting old. Smith will be likely be gone in January, and there's no telling what kind of corn picker with a photographic memory he will bring in to start next season.

Somebody needs to come up with breach of contract violation, and they can start with the near 100 grand that he dropped in his buddies pocket. Of course nobody in the administration has got the cojones for it.

I'm seriously starting to wonder if his illnesses have had an effect on his mind. If we're destined to lose on Saturday, I hope it's 100-0.  

Not that I blame him for grabbing the opportunity here, but no FCS even wanted him. Not even Northern Iowa. 

Nope.  Next year is his last year of eligibility.  So unless he goes down to FCS, he's here for his degree.

• Upvote 2

It is really time for our head coach to go.  I don't care what we do with him, just don't let him have anything to do with our football program any more.   This is as bad as it's EVER been and for someone that's been around to see a lot of bad, that's saying quite a bit.

• Upvote 1

I once heard a motivational speaker who said "if you keep on doing what you've always done then you'll keep on getting what you've always got."   I think that applies to our quarterback situation.    If we are happy with the results that we have seen with our current quarterback then we should stay with him.   If you are not happy with the results that you have seen, perhaps it is time to look at a different option. 

• Upvote 4

I could live with the losses if recruiting wasn't going so poorly -- if there was a promise of something better come. But there's nothing measurable that supports that hope. The reality is, he won eight games and a middle-of-the-road hometown bowl game with someone else's recruits -- and we acted like he won the SEC. 

If we lose Saturday, I expect he'll be relieved of his duties as Head Coach, given the rest of the season off. Then work out a settlement for the rest of the contract. 

I really like Dan McCarney the man. But the coach isn't getting it done. And the stakes are too high to accept an 0-12 season in a coach's fifth year. 

• Upvote 2

Instead we'll get the last pick of the litter come signing day.

Precisely!!! No one wants to go to school to play on a team destined for failure that finishes dead last out of 120 something teams. That and have a coach that is a dinosaur when it comes to recruiting and his overall comprehension of the game.

• Upvote 1

“Andrew McNulty is our starter,” McCarney said. “I was really disappointed in the consistency of DaMarcus Smith when we did give him an opportunity. He does have talent, but the attention to detail is something he needs to make major, major improvement on. If he does, then he has a chance to contend for the top spot. If he doesn’t, we will get what we saw the other night.”

Smith made one of the biggest plays of the night for UNT when he hit Carlos Harris on a deep ball for 61 yards. The junior couldn’t build on that throw and finished the night 3-for-11 for 70 yards.

Smith threw an interception in the end zone after hitting Harris on the deep ball. McCarney said he has no plans to play Smith this week.

“He will make a play now and again, but there will be some issues and mistakes,” McCarney said. “He made far too many mistakes. What you saw in the game is what we see in practice. He is inconsistent and makes too many mistakes. He has talent, but he is not putting himself in position to be a No. 1 because of those things. He knows that. Andrew McNulty gives us the best chance to win right now.”

read more:  http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/sports-headlines/20151005-football-mccarney-says-unts-sticking-with-mcnulty.ece

so he pulls Smith after 1 INT in the RZ but ignores Lil Macs Pick 6 against Iowa, saying he had a solid game, ignores the 3 third down sacks in the 1Q, ignores that Lil Mac can not move the ball against any first team defenses.

Yeah no reason to make a change there , ole football God

To be fair, he did pull both McNulty and Greer after their pick 6s at Iowa.

• Upvote 1

He doesn't want Smith to have anything close to Dajon-like McNeese St performance against an FCS team, because then he would be forced to play him against WKU.

Whatever Mac. Waiting for the excuse you use to keep him on the bench when we are 0-6...

You mean Nicholls. McNeese is a really good FCS team.

• Upvote 1

This would've really bothered me a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't even phase me because it doesn't surprise me. Dan is going to ride his Iowa boy into the sunset. I don't think winning is a top priority to him at this point. 

I will be chilling in my back yard on my back patio Saturday afternoon with the grill going, a beer in one hand, and my TDK Trek360 speaker blasting music in the background....

• Upvote 2

I once heard a motivational speaker who said "if you keep on doing what you've always done then you'll keep on getting what you've always got."   I think that applies to our quarterback situation.    If we are happy with the results that we have seen with our current quarterback then we should stay with him.   If you are not happy with the results that you have seen, perhaps it is time to look at a different option. 

• Upvote 4

oh yeah, Greer on bench for good, Lil Mac pat on the pack for a solid game and right back in, Smith back to the pine for the season and come 2016 we have no idea who can play QB since DMac put family friendship over team

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1