Will we win at USM? (voter names public)

Harry

Will we win at USM? (voter names public)   

111 members have voted

1. 1. Will we win at USM? (voter names public)

• Yes, we will find a way to win at USM!
    • No, we will not win on the road at USM.

I want to be optimistic, I really do. And honestly, I have been for the three seasons I've now been a student. 

However, until I see this coaching staff make some changes that actually look like they're trying to win, I can't. And it hurts to say that. But if you're not willing to at least take a few chances and show us that you actually care, then I can't have faith. At 0-3, I'd be putting every single spot on the two-deep up for grabs for anyone that wants to come and take it. You literally have nothing to lose at this point. 

But holy crap, please prove me wrong. I freaking dare you, Coach. 

• Upvote 3

USM appears to have a porous run defense with 3 of 4 teams they've faced running over 200yds per game. TX State had over 240 I think. If Wilson and Jimmerson show up big and our run D steps up I like our chances. 

QBs led the running attack in those games.

We won't play our 1 running QB. 

• Upvote 1

I think this will be one of our random weeks where we play unusually well and they play unusually poor for an unexpected but barely attained win.

From your lips to God's ears, Tyler, but I think God has His hands full right now and we may be too far down on His "To-Do List".

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

QBs led the running attack in those games.

We won't play our 1 running QB. 

Interestingly Damarcus's  Butler CC stats don't prove that he's a very good running QB.  10 games, 36 rush for an average of  negative 0.1 yd.

Id never bothered to look at that stat line before because his 31TD passes vs 8INT's looked so good.

So I guess the question is: Is D. Smith a true dual threat QB or just a strong arm? 

• Upvote 1

Interestingly Damarcus's  Butler CC stats don't prove that he's a very good running QB.  10 games, 36 rush for an average of  negative 0.1 yd.

Id never bothered to look at that stat line before because his 31TD passes vs 8INT's looked so good.

So I guess the question is: Is D. Smith a true dual threat QB or just a strong arm? 

I think there may be a stigma as to why people think DaMarcus is a runner...

• Upvote 2

From what I was told by a Coach at Butler CC

"DaMarcus is a very good if not great athlete, with a huge arm"

"A lot of the plays he made for us were outside of the pocket"

I think you have to look at what Butler was trying to do. Where they asking him to run read option plays? Where they asking him to just be a passer?

A this time there are 18 folks that think we will win @ USM.  I hope we do win I really do, but I don't see it in the cards, minus a miracle in Mississippi. 

All I can figure is these 18 people have found something better to drink than I have. So guys I need some of what you are drinking please, no I do mean really please. 

I will say this now -- if we do not win against USM I have deep deep concerns about Portland State.  And of course if the unspeakable happens this thing could spiral out of control..  Let's hope they do what the program need this weekend.

Edited by Harry

I will say this now -- if we do not win against USM I have deep deep concerns about Portland State.  And of course if the unspeakable happens this thing could spiral out of control..  Let's hope they pull of the upset this weekend.

Why would losing an away game VS a conference mate who has a nice offense cause concern about a game VS an FCS opponent at home, where we play much, much better?

Why would losing an away game VS a conference mate who has a nice offense cause concern about a game VS an FCS opponent at home, where we play much, much better?

I worry about the mental state of the team being 0-4.  And this team didn't play way much better against Rice a couple weeks back. 

Don't see us beating USM this year. With our secondary vs their passing game - nope. I don't think any of our top three QBs would matter, we are too inconsistent at receiver and the O line. It isn't the same problem every play on offense, it's a different breakdown every time. That's much, much harder to fix. 

I think there may be a stigma as to why people think DaMarcus is a runner...

you mean the 4 star DUAL THREAT QB rating out of high school?

Never heard that called a stigma before, but I guess. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/ccc/football/recruiting/player-DaMarcus-Smith-94229

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

you mean the 4 star DUAL THREAT QB rating out of high school?

Never heard that called a stigma before, but I guess. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/ccc/football/recruiting/player-DaMarcus-Smith-94229

Better passer than runner.

Can run if needed

Most athletic QB we have

FBS level arm

Maybe has the best arm in C-USA depending on who you talk to

When he throws the ball WR's hands pop. No flutter

This isnt the NFL, playbook is overrated. 

Give me a guy who makes plays rather than is safe.

Ask yourself is this a team who needs the safe QB or the guy who is going to make plays and score points?

McNulty is a guy who plays the way Mac wants a QB to play, only we arent running a Mac offense right now. So we are putting a bus driver QB out there and asking him to be someone he isnt. 

Seems to me that this staff is confused and befuddled with the QB position. 

• Upvote 1