North Texas vs. Southern Miss Watch Party - Allen, TX

UNT 90 Grad

NOTE:  The game against Southern Miss is being broadcast on Fox College Sports.  This is a little trickier to find than some might think.  I know for at least some providers, FCS is part of a sports package that has to be purchased.  DirecTV will not sell it to most public establishments.  Don't get caught assuming that you will be able to see it at home or at your usual watering hole.

Now, if you want to see the game, I've already scouted out Fuzzy's Taco Shop in Allen and they have purchased the Sports Pass package on Time Warner Cable.  They even let me watch the replay of the NT/Rice game that happened to be playing on FCS when I was there.  They will be playing the audio of the Southern Miss game throughout the restaurant.  Kickoff is Saturday, October 3rd at 6pm.  Fuzzy's is located at 790 W. Exchange Parkway, Suite 140 in Allen (NW corner of US75 and Exchange).  Fuzzy's is a Mean Green Restaurant Partner.  I'll have North Texas schwag and door prizes, courtesy of the UNT Alumni Association.

logo.png

Visit the Facebook Event page for this game at https://www.facebook.com/events/169909240016346/

• Upvote 4

Post if you think you might come to this.  We'll be out in the open with the rest of the restaurant patrons, which could result in some growth in our group.  Last week at Sauced, there was a restaurant patron in the main part of the restaurant keeping an eye on the North Texas game while eating and could hear our cheers coming from the event room.  He was an alum and stuck his head in the room to see what was going on.  Needless to say, we welcomed him in with open arms.  He gave me his name and email address so that we could let him know the next time we had a watch party, snagged a schedule poster (I bring several to these events along with NT pens and whatnot), and went about his way.

The more that show up, the better of a time we have.  Plus it's great to hear the loud response when @ntsumgspe shouts "And that's good for another Mean Green...".  (I also miss having @emmitt01 leading us in the UNT Fight Song following touchdowns from a couple years ago.)

Theme for the night:  Misery Loves Company.

large.Fuzzys.jpg.c4001320918209ad52b6ad5

A few more folks showed up after this pic was taken.  We had more than half the restaurant occupancy taken up with GREEN tonight.  Other than the game performance and results, I hope all had a good time.  Congrats again to the prize winners.  We'll do this again here for the Marshall game in 3 weeks.

• Upvote 2