Moments Past

Cerebus

Jones took this team over in shambles, coming off of a 4 win season, with arguably the only skilled big man leaving the team, and the lowest attendance figures ever.. and in one year had a winning season, increased home attendance without the help of any season tickets whatsoever, and has recruited well even though we was hired after most recruiting had come and gone. What could have been if Trilli's recruits from 5 years ago were playing for JJ.. damn. We all saw the brilliance of the Dex and Deg show, and Deg showed he wasn't a pretender last March playing for Texas in the tourney. I am willing to bet that OSU will be starting our former center (Jason Miller) by mid season, too.

Its sad to say, but I attended more games last year than my entire undergrad career at NT. I was one of those (As Jim Fincher states) parasitic commuter, but the excitement won me over! At first I must admit his statement did take me aback, but unlike so many I'm working on changing things. In Tarrant county i'm helping lay the foundation for a strong NT EXEs chapter, that will work to support the goals for the common good of athletics and NT.

The good news is the fact if as an alum you can get me excited about my school you can get most alums excited, in time. Unfortunately it takes some longer than others (I like getting on the wagon while there's plenty of room!)

Thanks To Rick V, DD, and JJ et al for getting someone who used to watch TT athletics to turn the channel and get up to Denton!! Now i'm proud to say I get grief daily on the decor in my cubbicle and it has become a shrine to the Mean Green. But I wear the banner proudly!!

I can't wait for football, but i'm really excited about what next year entails for BB!!

Steve

Stan,

By the time JJ got here the apathy was at an all time high. I am one of the people that bought into Trilli and after 4 long seasons of losing I took a wait and see attitude about NT basketball. I will be back in the Pit this year with season tickets as will a lot of old season ticket holders. Trilli was great at selling season ticket packages, the guy used to go door to door personally but many of them got tired of watching us lose week in and week out. I would say that the attendance last year was pretty bad but that the numbers were probably very close to actual attendance. One figure that I heard was that we had sold 330 season tickets. That is really pathetic. We sould sell a minimum of 1000 this next year and crawl out of the attendance basement again.