Impressive Narrative Planted

MeanGreenHoops

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/sports-headlines/20150924-football-young-lb-garnering-respect.ece

From the article “He is one of those freshmen or redshirt freshmen who are among the 20 who have played their first college game in the last two weeks,” McCarney said."

Impressive how early into the season the explanation for what is developing is planted. Mac should run for political office.

• Upvote 4

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/sports-headlines/20150924-football-young-lb-garnering-respect.ece

From the article “He is one of those freshmen or redshirt freshmen who are among the 20 who have played their first college game in the last two weeks,” McCarney said."

Impressive how early into the season the explanation for what is developing is planted. Mac should run for political office.

Excuses through 2 games!!! hahaahaha, stfu mccarney!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Excuses through 2 games!!! hahaahaha, stfu mccarney!!

I actually read it as a sign of the times: we are relying on freshman - still - at year 5 of this era.

If I am RV I would be looking at this, combined with Mac's record/tenure, and have a sit down with our staff about player development.

I don't mean this as a slight on the kids: I'm happy for them.  But there is a bigger picture here and red flags are popping up everywhere.

• Upvote 1

Not a good sign.

Rick

Yes and No.... It could mean so many things. You could look at it in a negative way and say our staff hasnt done a damn bit of good recruiting and that has lead to all these freshman playing which is how most of you guys view it and it is probably true. You could view it as this is the most talented class they have brought in since Mac has been here and the future is very bright for the next couple years.

I would like to view it as we have the most talented class in years under mac. I wish we could say that last years class is just the beginning of something beautiful and we are going to have a great team in 2-3 years but the way this years recruiting class is shaping up or lack there of is burning that whole idea to the ground.

Dear Mac,

Please start being all that you can be and bring in another solid class like last year. Stop shying away from recruiting battle but nut up and whoop the other teams ass and win that player. Stop with your old ways, FIND something that works. Maybe its sending them a computer generated pick of them playing in a UNT uniform or on a damn billboard in denton. Look around the nation and see what is working for the other school and maybe rip a page out of their playbook and use it as your own. Get your ass out there and Recruit!!

0c38d10023847cc652511a3f947dfaba.jpg

• Upvote 1

Curious that Brandon Garner refers to Denton (123,000) as a small town as opposed to Purdue's city, West Lafayette, Indiana (31,000). 

Just sayin'

GO MEAN GREEN

And the fact that Denton is part of the metro-plex that is one of the largest in the country. We really have a perception management issue!!!!!!