My tinfoil is in the shape of an iceberg.

Christopher Walker

Alright, let's get to Freebirds burrito wrapper art gallery level of tinfoil.

What if the Iowa set was originally a 1-1, but McCarney pushed for the 2015 game to be in Iowa City, knowing it would be the last opportunity he and Mini could waltz into town together, but then the Hawkeyes couldn't do any other away dates and thus became a 2-0?? That's really the only possible explanation I could think of for the 2-0. Anything more reasonable and I just get angry at RV again.

:tinfoil:

• Upvote 2

What if the Iowa set was originally a 1-1, but McCarney pushed for the 2015 game to be in Iowa City, knowing it would be the last opportunity he and Mini could waltz into town together, but then the Hawkeyes couldn't do any other away dates and thus became a 2-0?? That's really the only possible explanation I could think of for the 2-0. Anything more reasonable and I just get angry at RV again.

Just a few tweaks to that iceberg and you'd have a state map of Iowa.

• Upvote 2

except:

http://m.meangreensports.com/m/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072209aab.html

Also, notice that this release was in 2009 and called for a 5 game home season in 2011 with games at Tulsa, Alabama, and TENNESSEE.

This further confirms tasty's post about the Tulsa lie and proves that's exactly what it is: a lie.

But not any lie, a double-down lie again when I know they think I lied lie. 

There is a word for that...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

DEAD HORSE, DEAD HORSE, DEAD HORSE..........

Its called beating a dead horse over and over again, except at this point the horse has been dead for so long, its starting to decay and smell, and its getting down right gross. But carry on, if you keep saying people need to go long enough, your prophecies must come true, and then you can say, "See I was right all along".  

Would someone read the article that was quoted, and tell me why we didn't play Tennessee in 2011?  I can't remember why that game got kicked down the road.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

DEAD HORSE, DEAD HORSE, DEAD HORSE..........

Its called beating a dead horse over and over again, except at this point the horse has been dead for so long, its starting to decay and smell, and its getting down right gross. But carry on, if you keep saying people need to go long enough, your prophecies must come true, and then you can say, "See I was right all along".  

Would someone read the article that was quoted, and tell me why we didn't play Tennessee in 2011?  I can't remember why that game got kicked down the road.

It's called pathological.

the point is your AD continues to lie to this fan base. A silly lie that everyone knows is a lie. And he does it to avoid any responsibility for his own scheduling screw up.

We all know the Tennesssee game was moved due to the stadium opening, and that is why we face a 5 home game season this year and not in 2011. But that isn't what RV says. Over and over again.

Is it ok with you that he flat out lies to the fan base? Is it ok with you that every shortcoming is met with a "hey, it's not my fault" excuse? 

And I seriously doubt I will ever be able to say "see, I was right all along" about RV getting fired, because I think he will stay at UNT as long as he wants to because the administration doesn't have the will to hold him accountable. And we will continue to lose. I REALLY hope I'm wrong.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

except:

Also, notice that this release was in 2009 and called for a 5 game home season in 2011 with games at Tulsa, Alabama, and TENNESSEE.

This further confirms tasty's post about the Tulsa lie and proves that's exactly what it is: a lie.

Don't you go bringing logic into my fever dreams/nightmares!

• Upvote 2

It's called pathological.

the point is your AD continues to lie to this fan base. A silly lie that everyone knows is a lie. And he does it to avoid any responsibility for his own scheduling screw up.

We all know the Tennesssee game was moved due to the stadium opening, and that is why we face a 5 home game season this year and not in 2011. But that isn't what RV says. Over and over again.

Is it ok with you that he flat out lies to the fan base? Is it ok with you that every shortcoming is met with a "hey, it's not my fault" excuse? 

And I seriously doubt I will ever be able to say "see, I was right all along" about RV getting fired, because I think he will stay at UNT as long as he wants to because the administration doesn't have the will to hold him accountable. And we will continue to lose. I REALLY hope I'm wrong.

Thing is, NT would have had a much better shot at TN in 2011.  Should have played the game then.

The thing about the Iowa games is that Iowa was specifically mentioned as a team we could potentially host now that we were building this sweet new stadium--that was the reason we couldn't ever get a known team here was that Fouts was an oversized dumpster, which was true. Then, before Apogee gets built, we announce that we are going to play at Iowa twice, with no return game. That told me that we were looking at Iowa for $$$, not to move the program up. Then, after Apogee's first year, where we got UH and Indiana here, we have played the following teams in OOC: Texas Southern (2012), Idaho and Ball State (2013), SMU and Nicholls State (2014), and Portland State (2015). Almost amazingly, Fouts was more than capable, even in its most decrepit state, to host crowds for those opponents--in part, because WE ALREADY HAD HOSTED THEM OR TEAMS FROM THEIR CONFERENCES AT FOUTS!!

It just amazes me that nobody has screamed from the highest building in town that we spent $78 million dollars for what we have gotten. Our program is 23-29 since we built Apogee--and will probably be 24-39 by the end of this season. Of the 23 wins we have enjoyed since Mac has been here, the home fans have been rewarded with wins at Apogee over Indiana, Florida Atlantic (twice), Louisiana-Monroe, Middle Tennessee (twice), Texas Southern, Louisiana-Lafayette, South Alabama, Idaho, Ball State, Rice, UTEP, SMU, Nicholls State, and Florida International. Its very probable that the only win we will see this year at home is Portland State. In other words, our best opponent to come to Apogee was the first game ever, featuring Houston, which we lost. After this, SMU and UTEP brought in big crowds to Apogee, so they have been the most popular draw since we opened the new stadium, but both featured epically bad teams when they played here. And Ball State was the best team we beat at home--in front of about 10k.

I'm thrilled to death every time I see Apogee and realize that is where we play football--but the teams we have put together, the teams we have brought here to play us, and the future schedules just make me wonder how we ever pulled this off. It really is amazing when you think about it.

• Upvote 5

The thing about the Iowa games is that Iowa was specifically mentioned as a team we could potentially host now that we were building this sweet new stadium--that was the reason we couldn't ever get a known team here was that Fouts was an oversized dumpster, which was true. Then, before Apogee gets built, we announce that we are going to play at Iowa twice, with no return game. That told me that we were looking at Iowa for $$$, not to move the program up. Then, after Apogee's first year, where we got UH and Indiana here, we have played the following teams in OOC: Texas Southern (2012), Idaho and Ball State (2013), SMU and Nicholls State (2014), and Portland State (2015). Almost amazingly, Fouts was more than capable, even in its most decrepit state, to host crowds for those opponents--in part, because WE ALREADY HAD HOSTED THEM OR TEAMS FROM THEIR CONFERENCES AT FOUTS!!

It just amazes me that nobody has screamed from the highest building in town that we spent $78 million dollars for what we have gotten. Our program is 23-29 since we built Apogee--and will probably be 24-39 by the end of this season. Of the 23 wins we have enjoyed since Mac has been here, the home fans have been rewarded with wins at Apogee over Indiana, Florida Atlantic (twice), Louisiana-Monroe, Middle Tennessee (twice), Texas Southern, Louisiana-Lafayette, South Alabama, Idaho, Ball State, Rice, UTEP, SMU, Nicholls State, and Florida International. Its very probable that the only win we will see this year at home is Portland State. In other words, our best opponent to come to Apogee was the first game ever, featuring Houston, which we lost. After this, SMU and UTEP brought in big crowds to Apogee, so they have been the most popular draw since we opened the new stadium, but both featured epically bad teams when they played here. And Ball State was the best team we beat at home--in front of about 10k.

I'm thrilled to death every time I see Apogee and realize that is where we play football--but the teams we have put together, the teams we have brought here to play us, and the future schedules just make me wonder how we ever pulled this off. It really is amazing when you think about it.

Just terrible athletics management. It's like we are too lazy or too stupid to try ANYTHING that wasn't done at S. Miss in the 1990s.

Praying for change. My donation won't increase until that occurs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

except:

If you want to get 9/11 truther level tinfoil you could say that RV already had a deal in place to hire Mac prior to the '10 season so he could open the new stadium and Mac said he wanted to play at Iowa if he were to come. Get more birther/truther/tower 7 than that.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

If you want to get 9/11 truther level tinfoil you could say that RV already had a deal in place to hire Mac prior to the '10 season so he could open the new stadium and Mac said he wanted to play at Iowa if he were to come. Get more birther/truther/tower 7 than that.

Of course not. If DMac fails, RV will blame the hire on Lane Rawlins. Just like he blamed the Stevens hire on Gretchen. 

Cue the defenders who absolutely know (because it's what RV told them) that Gretchen FORCED RV to hire her.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Doesn't surprise. 

Exactly. You bring your boss two options and say pick one and I'll go with it. If you don't like one of the options you brought to the table, can you really blame the person who picked between the two you gave? Also, what's Neinas up these days?

• Upvote 1

Just terrible athletics management. It's like we are too lazy or too stupid to try ANYTHING that wasn't done at S. Miss in the 1990s.

Praying for change. My donation won't increase until that occurs. 

Its why I am just amazed that anyone believes anything different will happen here under RV and this BOR. As far as RV goes, though, he has everything perfectly set--the BOR loves him, the big donors love him, the large majority of the fanbase loves tailgating, which he started, and 99% of the fanbase thinks that getting SMU for a home-and-home series is just a coup. He's going to be here for a long time--as in until he wants to retire.