** North Texas @ Iowa prediction thread **

10Eagle10

I have set my DVR to record the game. On Saturday afternoon I am going to follow severe weather protocol by seeking shelter in a small interior space for about four hours, barricade the door, fold myself up in the southwest corner of the space, bend my neck up as far as possible, and kiss my ass goodbye!

Iowa   55

UNT   16

Then I will sneak a peek at this board. If the score is much better than that I may have a few Shiners and then watch the game.  Otherwise, it is fast forward to our scoring possessions.

That is my story and I'm sticking to it!

• Upvote 1

45-21 Iowar.  So sad that I don't even hold out hope.  I had hope last year against Indiana and we were absolutely no match.  I know it's a process Tiger, I know we're changing the 'culture' Dan,.....blah, blah, show some imagination and win for once...or at least go down swinging with your best talent you son of a bitch.

• Upvote 1

I have set my DVR to record the game. On Saturday afternoon I am going to follow severe weather protocol by seeking shelter in a small interior space for about four hours, barricade the door, fold myself up in the southwest corner of the space, bend my neck up as far as possible, and kiss my ass goodbye!

Iowa   55

UNT   16

Then I will sneak a peek at this board. If the score is much better than that I may have a few Shiners and then watch the game.  Otherwise, it is fast forward to our scoring possessions.

That is my story and I'm sticking to it!

I like your style...

UNT - 66
Iowa - 6

Iowa is the yellow sun to the Kryptonian that is residing deep within McNulty.  The Hawkeyes are completely blinded by the glow that shoots through McNulty's visor as he throws 65 yard bombs five times, to a different receiver every time.  God himself weeps at the glory that is spread over a 100 yard arena in an otherwise decrepit region; the rainfall is Grey Goose vodka.  A post-game high five between Coach Mac and Mini Mac opens a wormhole that takes the whole stadium to Valhalla. 

Alternatively, this game totally goes to hell (666) and the questionable substances I ingest give me visions of grandeur and unattainable things like time-travel and .500 seasons.  I thank RV for the good s#!t.

imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2F25.media.tumb

21033197042_b26ecd9c79_o.gif

This is what we'll all be really saying by the end of the 1st:

sGnB5iG.gif

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 2

He's been a Mean Green fan  for a long time, you youngins can learn from him...

Cerebus speaks the truth (about the long time MG fan part). I think I first met Cerebus in the parking lot at a UNT road game at TCU. MAYBE earlier, but I remember that one because the player below (mentioned in a QB thread a few days ago) sent us all home feeling better after a close loss:

personaltraining1391297829.jpg

He put up a TD with 42 seconds left to make that game interesting.

Truth be told, my more-than-casual fandom goes back 15 or so years before that game. As for the learning part, you'll notice he did not specify exactly WHAT you might learn from me. Caveat Emptor. You may not want to buy what I'm puttin' out!

• Upvote 3

I think I first met Cerebus in the parking lot at a UNT road game at TCU. MAYBE earlier...

That is about the right time.  It may have been earlier in that season, before the Nicholls St game.  We used to have the free gmg.com BBQs before home games back then.  I still remember having to stuff the bed of my truck with flats of hamburger burns for those.

• Upvote 1

My prediction, pain.....for us.

It's going to suck even more because I have to work tonight and tomorrow night, so no alcohol to dull the pain.

That's ironic.  The weatherman for Iowa City, Robert Cray, has his forecast right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IrdMyQSKr8

I like your 31 for them but I'm only giving 6 to the good guys.

31-6 hometown kids win

Separate prediction: #5 (Iowa's favorite son) comes home to throw a touchdown to the Hawkeyes, as it has been a lilfelong dream of his.

I was way off on the score but I nailed the second prediction.