New Chant

GMG24

When we go to the North Texas chant, instead we should have the students yell FIRE and the alumni side yells MAC think that would get the Prez's attention? Then the next time they run those cheerleaders out there for the North Texas chant we yell FIRE then RV. What say you? 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 21

it's not going to happen so why bring the negativity to the stadium.  Why make a bad football experience even worse for the casual fan looking to just cheer on their team.  I feel the same as everyone else, but pissing in the wind will empty your bladder but leave you soaked and smelling like a urinal cake.

Agreed, I am not happy with what Mac is doing but I will never partake in public humiliation of another human being

• Upvote 2

On Third Downs, instead of:

Bum - Ba Dum - Ba Dum - Ba Dum "North Texas",

Bum - Ba Dum - Ba Dum - Ba Dum  "North Texas",

"FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!"

We do:

Bum - Ba Dum - Ba Dum - Ba Dum  "North Texas",

Bum - Ba Dum - Ba Dum - Ba Dum  "North Texas",

"SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!"

I am not serious, I would never chant that.

• Downvote 10

Tis a joke everyone step away from the bridge.  I wouldn't do that chant either, it would be impossible to even try to get going.  I actually thought about it during the 3rd quarter when we came out and gave them the ball back after 3 plays. I was a bit pissed, but it  made me chuckle thinking about a stadium actually doing that.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

When we go to the North Texas chant, instead we should have the students yell FIRE and the alumni side yells MAC think that would get the Prez's attention? Then the next time they run those cheerleaders out there for the North Texas chant we yell FIRE then RV. What say you? 

Debating our issues on the message board is one thing, but this isn't even a bad joke. Mac is doing his job. How well he is doing it is debatable, but he doesn't deserve this kind of public humiliation. Certainly the alumni of North Texas would never participate in this type of activity. As graduates of North Texas, I'd hope we would all hold our self to a higher standard.

• Upvote 2

Been mentioning for years that we should do "North" "Texas" back and forth a few times and then both sides do "Mean Green" to end it. Instead we just kinda keep going and going until people lose interest.

I think that is pretty good.

I kind of think it would be different if we would chant a players name or nickname after a good play. Say Jimmerson breaks a 60 yard run... We could chant "Jimmy!" "Show!". Can't do it on TDs, but it would be fun at other times. I think recruits would like it too.

Thoughts?

it's not going to happen so why bring the negativity to the stadium.  Why make a bad football experience even worse for the casual fan looking to just cheer on their team.  I feel the same as everyone else, but pissing in the wind will empty your bladder but leave you soaked and smelling like a urinal cake.

Wait...there's going to be cake?!

yall killing me lol I prob deserved it, but I was making a joke. Guess I should have clarified