90 members have voted

1. 1. Revised Season Projections?

• 6+ wins
    • 5 wins
    • 4 wins
    • 3 wins
    • 2 wins
    • 1 win or less

At this point, #hitanythingabovezero would seem more appropriate.

Its just amazing hoe bad we are right now, on both sides of the ball. I pointed it out yesterday, but for those of you who think recruiting rankings are overrated, they might be on the player level, but they usually tell a different story from a team perspective. You cannot have three classes in a row get ranked in the 100s, including the one in 2014 that was dead-ass last, and not think its gonna make a difference in your team's performance. You can only coach up unrated and 1* kids so much--and it usually takes years until those kids even have a chance at being contributors.

I really thought Mac's positivity and motivating style would rub off on recruits and their coaches in this state faster than it has. Last year, the class ranked 90th out of 129, so that's a huge improvement and it might be that class that will help us to turn things around again, but that cannot be expected to happen until those kids have been in the program for at least two years. That's why I truly believe 2017 is the earliest we can expect to see any improvement in our record, which will also just perfectly coincide with Mac's make-it-or-break-it year on his current contract.

After typing this, I think the best hashtag that I feel sums my feelings up perfectly is this: #hitmeintheface

• Upvote 1

for those of you who think recruiting rankings are overrated, they might be on the player level, but they usually tell a different story from a team perspective. You cannot have three classes in a row get ranked in the 100s, including the one in 2014 that was dead-ass last, and not think its gonna make a difference in your team's performance. 

This is truth. 

Recruiting rankings are mostly BS when your team is ranked poorly. If we pulled in a Top 50 class, everyone on this board would celebrating -- myself included. 

• Upvote 1

At this point, #hitanythingabovezero would seem more appropriate.

Its just amazing hoe bad we are right now, on both sides of the ball. I pointed it out yesterday, but for those of you who think recruiting rankings are overrated, they might be on the player level, but they usually tell a different story from a team perspective. You cannot have three classes in a row get ranked in the 100s, including the one in 2014 that was dead-ass last, and not think its gonna make a difference in your team's performance. You can only coach up unrated and 1* kids so much--and it usually takes years until those kids even have a chance at being contributors.

I really thought Mac's positivity and motivating style would rub off on recruits and their coaches in this state faster than it has. Last year, the class ranked 90th out of 129, so that's a huge improvement and it might be that class that will help us to turn things around again, but that cannot be expected to happen until those kids have been in the program for at least two years. That's why I truly believe 2017 is the earliest we can expect to see any improvement in our record, which will also just perfectly coincide with Mac's make-it-or-break-it year on his current contract.

After typing this, I think the best hashtag that I feel sums my feelings up perfectly is this: #hitmeintheface

I think the 2014 class was better, according to FBS coaches. Those signees had much better offer lists collectively than 2015 or any other class Mccarney has signed here. Part of the reason last class was more highly rated was because of the relationship Vito forged with Brian Perroni of 247.

I feel like he gave our recruits a more fair evaluation than had been given to our commits in the past, particularly after they committed. Good job by Vito, but it makes comparing last year to prior years a little inconsistent. But yeah, I don't see us being any good until we find a QB. I don't have a lot of confidence in the young guys on our roster.

AKA - The very strong minded will find a way to push forward in a positive manner. The weak minded will fold and give up on the coaches and the team. My opinion, this team has no true leadership from really a player or coach perspective. This team will eventually fold. It'll be 1-6 or 1-7 until it happens. Whew, while fielding a really bad team that Tennessee game is looking even more glaring it being on the back 3rd of the schedule. 

But, it won't be fake or phony..... 

I think the 2014 class was better, according to FBS coaches. Those signees had much better offer lists collectively than 2015 or any other class Mccarney has signed here. Part of the reason last class was more highly rated was because of the relationship Vito forged with Brian Perroni of 247.

I feel like he gave our recruits a more fair evaluation than had been given to our commits in the past, particularly after they committed. Good job by Vito, but it makes comparing last year to prior years a little inconsistent. But yeah, I don't see us being any good until we find a QB. I don't have a lot of confidence in the young guys on our roster.

That QB probably isn't on the roster right now for this offense. Next year will be very interesting. You'll have a senior in Greer, who couldn't play FBS football in his first season up here. You'll have Damarcus Smith, who will be a senior, but plays a style that doesn't even come close to fitting the offense Mac runs (see Woody Wilson/Dickey offense in 2006). You have Connor Means, who hasn't made much progress in his time here yet, but fits the busdriver qualifications perfectly for Mac. And whoever else is on the roster that cannot seem to make a dent on the depth chart.

I don't know who the JUCO QB will be that we will target for our next class, but most likely, he will be behind Greer or Means for next season. I actually expect D. Smith to transfer, just like Dajon did. His game would be perfect at a school that has a wide-open offensive attack--that style will NEVER be played here under Mac. I do know this--we aren't getting any Texas HS QB to come here that can throw the ball--they refuse to come here for obvious reasons. Maybe a QB from another state, ala Minimac again, but not one from Texas, unless they are in the 5% of the high schools that don't run a spread offense.

4-8. But that's mainly because I thought we'd beat SMU & Rice. I still think we beat Portland, Southern Miss, UTSA and UTEP

I've seen a lot of people mention beating Southern Miss. I have no idea why. They beat us last year at Apogee and they are much improved this year, whereas we are not and it's on the road.

Best chances to get to 4 wins - Portland St., WKU, UTSA, UTEP. (yes they are all home games)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Looking at these revised predictions is very depressing. Many on this board appear to believe there is no hope of turning this season around. Hearing Mac stick to his guns and proclaim our issues are just a matter of us executing the offense, doesn't seem to pass the smell test around here.

• Upvote 4

3-9

After a whooping at Iowa, Mac gets things into gears and the Mean Green shock everybody by taking a game on the road (What!!?!!?!??) in Hattiesburg, then a week later uses the homefield advantage to get to 2-3, and now everybody believes the team will win out, only to win one more game the rest of the way. I say that is UTSA, Mac finally gets that pesky first win over UTSA and he is off the hot seat, according to UNT's standards.

I think we can luck into two or three wins. Hopefully, it is more but I doubt it. I am more concerned about our recruiting. That must pick up or we are looking at even more crap seasons. This a great school, in a great town, and now has support from students. Now is the time to improve and instead we are back tracking. Sucks!

0% chance we beat WKU. They are legitimate contenders to win the conference and maybe be edge of Top 25. Already beat one SEC team, beat a *really good* LTech team, and nearly beat Indiana (who is good this year). And no, I still think they're good even though they nearly lost to an FCS.

I don't think we will win that game, I just think it's a better chance than a road win over an improved USM. I just don't think there is a ton of difference in the CUSA teams top to bottom, and /home/road makes a bigger difference.

In my opinion, Mac has already lost his opportunity to build a recruiting base... he lost it in the beginning when he came in a flubbed recruits and ran some off.  He flubbed again, when he followed up 2013 with 2014 and 2015 (so far).  I think it is safe to say he has been a disappointment.

It still rings to me how he came in bashing the players on this squad and how they weren't D-1 players.  But, he hasn't been able to get a winning squad of his own. 

I vote no confidence. 

I think the 2014 class was much better than those that just look at the ratings. 2015 was also solid. I believe our current troubles are due to a poor 2012 and 2013 class along with lackluster QB recruiting. 

Once the current young guys get some games under their belt, and if our next couple of classes build on what I think were two solid classes in a row, we could could see some sustained success. 

I hope we can somehow get 3-4 wins out of this year. 

I previously stated 5-7 and the OC gets fired. 

Now I think 1-11 and the OC gets fired.

You must not be paying attention.
The OC either gets fired sometime this season as "habeus corpus", or he will not be renewed at the end of the year.   Either way, he's gone.  There is no 3rd option.

CHANGES MUST BE MADE!!!!!1! (and this is the most cost-effective one to make)

• Upvote 2