I know, take off the tin foil hat, but...

eulessismore

I'm just wondering if Damarcus Smith is listed as no. 3 because the coaches have come to the same conclusion as some of us; that this year is going to be a real beating, and why lose one of his 2 years of eligibility for the possibility of a couple more wins in what may otherwise (optimistically) be a 2 win season?  I know I'm getting my tin foil hat a little bent, but does anyone else consider this a possibility?  And I don't know if Smith has enough eligibility to spend more than this year and next with this program.  Just wondering in a way, because watching him and Greer play pitch and catch, I was still seeing a strange behavior to the balls Greer was throwing, not quite the end over end of some of his game throws last year, but just a different look from the spiral we've always expected to see in a well thrown pass.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I was wondering the same thing Euless

Wow...5th year out of high school- I didn't realize that.  

So even if he never sees the field this year it counts toward his remaining eligibility?

Correct.  Seeing the field has almost no bearing on your eligibility clock.

I believe it really only pertains if there is a medical hardship in question.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/fiu/football/recruiting/player-DaMarcus-Smith-94229

Wow, I knew he was older, but I didn't realize he was class of 2011, and that's quite an offer list he had. 

I have also seen his very impressive stats from high school and junior college.

It is disappointing that our playbook is so incredibly complex that it cannot be adapted to the talent on our team.

• Upvote 6

https://rivals.yahoo.com/fiu/football/recruiting/player-DaMarcus-Smith-94229

Wow, I knew he was older, but I didn't realize he was class of 2011, and that's quite an offer list he had. 

I have also seen his very impressive stats from high school and junior college.

It is disappointing that our playbook is so incredibly complex that it cannot be adapted to the talent on our team.

Our starter is class of '11 also.

Are you inferring that they have comparable talent just because they graduated high school he same year. Many experts have disagreed. 

Many of the top football schools in the nation pursued one of them. Those football programs are successful because their recruiting staffs know what they are doing.

The other wouldn't have had a single scholarship offer from any program if his dad wasn't close friends with a certain coach.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2

Are you inferring that they have comparable talent just because they graduated high school he same year. Many experts have disagreed. 

Many of the top football schools in the nation pursued one of them. Those football programs are successful because their recruiting staffs know what they are doing.

The other wouldn't have had a single scholarship offer from any program if his dad wasn't close friends with a certain coach.

I wasn't inferring anything. I was simply pointing out that they should be around the same age. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks for the clarification.

I believe this folly will end after mini has had the opportunity to open against Iowa. The 2015 UNT football season should start sometime during the second half of that game. The 2015 season will already have been wasted but we'll at least witness building for the 2016 season.

• Upvote 1