Anyone Else Notice?

KRAM1

Anyone else notice in the program listing of MGC donors that Coach a Mac is listed at the highest level of $15,000 & Above, Coach Benford is  listed as the only donor listed in the $10,000 - $14,999 level while Jalie Mitchell is listed in the $5,000 - $9,999 level.

First time I can recall our coaches stepping up to such levels of membership.  Very kind of all of them. It is great to see our coaches leading the way.

While names may be missing due to print time deadlines vs when one joins and/or renews their membership, it is always interesting and enlightening to read through the listing.

Thanks to everyone in those listings for helping to provide scholarships for our student-athletes.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

Can someone please take a picture of each page of the MGC roster in the program and send them to me?  Or post it online?

PM me if you have any questions.

If the Mean Green Club had the website up to date, you could find it here:  http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/mg-club/spec-rel/name-recognition.html .  Unfortunately, these are last year's donors.

• Upvote 1

Considering that Mac and Benford are currently stealing money it's only right that they give some back.

Are they required to give a percentage (either officially or unofficially?) Or is this maybe like joining a board where you have to show investment to leadership? 

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 2

Are they required to give a percentage (eiter officially or unofficially?) Or is this maybe like joining a board where you have to show investment to leadership? 

You might be on to something.  I know in the past, Mean Green Club employees were required to be donors. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 2

Anyone else notice in the program listing of MGC donors that Coach a Mac is listed at the highest level of $15,000 & Above, Coach Benford is  listed as the only donor listed in the $10,000 - $14,999 level while Jalie Mitchell is listed in the $5,000 - $9,999 level.

First time I can recall our coaches stepping up to such levels of membership.  Very kind of all of them. It is great to see our coaches leading the way.

While names may be missing due to print time deadlines vs when one joins and/or renews their membership, it is always interesting and enlightening to read through the listing.

Thanks to everyone in those listings for helping to provide scholarships for our student-athletes.

Great KRAM, imagine the kind of money they could create for our university if they were just competent. Or even better yet, just average at their jobs. Answer: Much, much, much more. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Can someone please take a picture of each page of the MGC roster in the program and send them to me?  Or post it online?

PM me if you have any questions.

They can be picked up for free at every game.  You have been in the Club area, right?  They are sitting on every table.  Yours for the taking.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 10

The link that @UNT 90 Grad provided appears to have more names on it than the program did.  Also, I definitely saw people sitting in seats that require a MGC donation who weren't listed in the program.  I think for your data gathering, the link will be a better way to go.

Edit: A quick check confirms there are names on the link that were not in the program.

Edit Edit:  However, the link skips the $10,000 Tony Benford level, so who knows what and where the real data is.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1

The link that @UNT 90 Grad provided appears to have more names on it than the program did.  Also, I definitely saw people sitting in seats that require a MGC donation who weren't listed in the program.  I think for your data gathering, the link will be a better way to go.

Edit: A quick check confirms there are names on the link that were not in the program.

Edit Edit:  However, the link skips the $10,000 Tony Benford level, so who knows what and where the real data is.

The data on the link is from last year, I have that data.  I meant to count the numbers in the program, but lost my program and I don't want to have to wait for two weeks to get another.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The data on the link is from last year, I have that data.  I meant to count the numbers in the program, but lost my program and I don't want to have to wait for two weeks to get another.

Well, I'm not good at posting multi-pics, and it appears that my phone's charging connection may have given up the ghost to the rain yesterday, so here are numbers per yesterday's program (give or take minor errors for some names taking up two rows in formatting for which I made best effort to account):

Platinum Eagle:  15 

Diamond: 1

Gold: 27

Bronze: 133

Victory: 322

Green & White: 266

Eagle Pride: 51

Recent Grad Program:  15

Total: 830

Excluding the Platinum Eagle level, for which I'm sure each member gave considerably more than the minimum $15,000, assuming each level gave the minimum amount:

Diamond: $10,000

Gold: $135,000

Bronze: $133,000

Victory: $311,000

Green & White: $66,500

Eagle Pride: $6,375 (Erroneously listed as minimum $250 in the program, calculated at $125 here)

Recent Grad: $750 (Assuming average $50 since this is a sliding scale based on number of years since graduation)

Total (Excluding Platinum): $662,625

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 2

Down 22.8% from 2014 (1075).

Are you absolutely sure the recent grad number is only 15?  It was 114 last year.

As stated:  This is per yesterday's program, which I suspect isn't the full amount.  Every level looked short, and I know I saw people sitting in seats that require a GMC donation that weren't on the list in the program yesterday.  There is a note at the very top of the list that reads, "Mean Green Club donations received by June 30, 2015"

• Upvote 1

There is a note at the very top of the list that reads, "Mean Green Club donations received by June 30, 2015"

In that case I'll hold off from using these numbers and wait for the online list to be updated.   If it isn't update soon though, I'll just use that number.  The fact of the matter is that for most of these years, the roster has only been released in the program, so all the numbers (except 2014) will be in the same time  frame at least.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Backward at every turn.  Not renovations of the pit, not golf facility being built, no upgrades over at the olympic sports center, no new big donors stepping up.  There is just nothing positive going on.

All great improvements, but like the old real estate adage of "Location! Location! Location!" we could apply "Wins! Wins! Wins!" here.

Also, perception.  Who's overseeing the little things like parking passes getting mailed out with season tickets or paid for chairbacks not being installed for yesterday's game or season ticket money getting misappropriated to unrestricted gifts or ease of extra ticket purchase on GMC account?  This perception is the reality most of us face.

Fortunately for me, I learned and got Reggie Johnson on speed dial, but that's not fair to the fan base at large and certainly not fair to Reggie to pin ALL of these simple tasks upon his shoulders.

We want more people joining and donating and participating in this thing, but it's like getting a tooth pulled at a government run dentistry practice trying to accomplish anything in the way of transferring money from population pocket to AD coffers.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 4