Official Rice Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

The defense will fight the good fight all game, produce turnovers, and even create scoring opportunities. They may even put 7 on the board. Special teams will be point, too. They'll create a turnover, lock-in the FGs, and put the offense in a good place to score. The offense will stall out like last week and last season. They'll miss opportunities, probably even give the ball away. This means the defense will be put in increasingly short field position while they're also tired.

NT - 17
Rice - 30+

I woke up with a positive vibe today. No doubt, I have a good feeling about Sat and will make my prediction:

Defense does well for 3 qtrs but runs out of gas. Special teams is solid again.

Rice - 52

UNT - 17

Coaches watch another bad offensive performance and decide to make some changes. We see a new QB in the 4th qtr and a ray of hope overcomes the NT crowd. Week 4 becomes a happy week!

Edited by Got5onIt

It all depends on attendance.  

If it is a well attended game, you know one of those "opportunity" games to make a great impression and convert a bunch of new fans into the faithful, then we lose in a laugher, a boring, one-sided, unmitigated 38-6 disaster which sees everyone walking out of Apogee in a dazed stupor.  

If, on the other hand, it is a sparsely attended game or becomes one by halftime with only a few of the die hard fans left to witness one of the greatest games in UNT sports history, we win 45-44.  

• Upvote 1

After watching the SMU game I have no real hope for this team.  So any win will surprise me and i have no expectations going to the games.  I am a Mean Green Homer but after the first game I had to take the green tinted glasses off.

First play of the Rice game, hand off up the middle, second play hand off up the middle, third play hand off up the middle, fourth play punt.  But we will do it fast!

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1

After watching the SMU game I have no real hope for this team.  So any win will surprise me and i have no expectations going to the games.  I am a Mean Green Homer but after the first game I had to take the green tinted glasses off.

First play of the Rice game, hand off up the middle, second play hand off up the middle, third play hand off up the middle, fourth play punt.

Or first play hand off to left (+3 yds), second play hand off to right (-1 yd), third play hurried incomplete pass, fourth play punt. Lot of those, too.

The deal with this game is that everywhere we are strong (run defense maybe?), Rice's oppositional unit is stronger (Rice can run the pork outta the pigskin). 

And everywhere Rice is weak (vertical pass defense), UNT's oppositional unit is weaker (weak armed QB and a lack of will by the coaching staff to throw the deep ball). 

This SHOULD be a very ugly loss for UNT, but crazy things happen every week in college football. UNT needs 3 non-offensive touchdowns to have a shot. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1