GMG Crowdfund, Round 2: A Delicious Proposal

TheTastyGreek

This thread has done immeasurable good.  After promising $.95, getting turned back from a flooded Highway 377 on my way to the game by halftime, and watching a game never to be remembered, I will always remember standing somewhere in Apogee with OldGuyStudent, him showing me his handful of change (the guy actually has pretty big hands), and us looking around for TheTastyGreek to unburden ourselves of coin.  Actually, my wife threw in another $.30.  Somewhere along this road, that total of $1.25 will get to the right place.  Hell, I got so happy just thinking about it last week that I went online and donated $25 to the North Texas Food Bank two minutes before midnight of North Texas Giving Day, or whatever they call it.  You know, that event brought in something like $33 mil?  And local charities kicked in an additional 8%.  Folks, Tasty is on to something.  This will work, even if the Athletic Department doesn't.

• Upvote 2

• 4 years later...

Much like the banner over SMU, I like to think this thread not only opened eyes around here, but finally set the wheels in motion that led the FDA to start addressing the elephant in the room. 

https://www.fda.gov/inspections-compliance-enforcement-and-criminal-investigations/warning-letters/jimmy-johns-franchise-llc-599962-02212020

CDC reported that as of April 5, 2012, a total of 29 people from eleven states were infected with an outbreak strain of E. coli O26.  Of the 27 persons interviewed, 85% (23) report eating sprouts at one of six Jimmy John’s restaurant in the seven days preceding their illness.  Though traceback investigation, FDA identified a single lot of seed grown and distributed by multiple sprouting firms including (b)(4) sprout operations that supplied the six Jimmy John’s restaurants implicated in the outbreak. 

Taken together, these outbreaks, which spanned over the past seven years and impacted no fewer than seventeen states demonstrate the corporate-wide supplier control mechanisms you have in place for receiving fresh produce are inadequate.

In short, the explanation for why we always shit our pants in big games may have been more easily explained than anyone ever thought and we should not rest until there is not a single franchise location in Denton.  

(Also, you think the Iowa ties in this letter were really a coincidence?)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Quoner said:

Much like the banner over SMU, I like to think this thread not only opened eyes around here, but finally set the wheels in motion that led the FDA to start addressing the elephant in the room. 

https://www.fda.gov/inspections-compliance-enforcement-and-criminal-investigations/warning-letters/jimmy-johns-franchise-llc-599962-02212020

In short, the explanation for why we always shit our pants in big games may have been more easily explained than anyone ever thought and we should not rest until there is not a single franchise location in Denton.  

(Also, you think the Iowa ties in this letter were really a coincidence?)

Thanks for reporting on this AFTER I ordered Jimmy John's yesterday.  What a real big help.

• Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

Thanks for reporting on this AFTER I ordered Jimmy John's yesterday.  What a real big help.

The letter was issued on Friday, Feb 21, but, based on a Google News search, the first coverage appeared yesterday, Feb. 25. Why did the lamestream media sit on this? Is Mattress Mack once again wielding his influence over our program to make sure you potentially brown your khakis?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Quoner said:

The letter was issued on Friday, Feb 21, but, based on a Google News search, the first coverage appeared yesterday, Feb. 25. Why did the lamestream media sit on this? Is Mattress Mack once again wielding his influence over our program to make sure you potentially brown your khakis?

It was RV obviously 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1