GMG Crowdfund, Round 2: A Delicious Proposal

TheTastyGreek

Set it aside. This battle is won, but the war isn't over. There will be another chance for you (and anyone else that's disappointed) to make a positive contribution to change. 

like the bad old days of Southlake North, while I was looking for you, I saw infighting nearly come to fisticuffs with definite police attention.The more things change...

Friends, I want to take a moment to tell you all how proud I am of how people came together to support this effort. 

On Saturday, the skies opened up and tried to rain out our sandwich effort. But, passionate, enthusiastic North Texas fans refused to be stopped. People made arrangements to meet me before game day... People who couldn't make it to the game met me in a parking lot just to hand over coins to help change this university's athletic program for the better. 

People I've never met overheard what we were doing, and rushed over to donate for change. People tried to hand over paper money (which I politely refused) to support and finance this noble initiative. 

Obviously, we could have done more... Because of various personal issues, I wasn't able to collect every cent people wanted to provide in support of this sandwich gift card. But, rather than focus on what we weren't able to do, I'd like to spotlight our success instead. 

Ladies and gentlemen... Rick Villarreal can eat anything he might want at Which Wich. His Jimmy Johns days are over. Because you all came together and bought him a $13.28 gift card. 

Sandwich20Letter.jpg

Two weeks ago, you came together and raised $2,200 to buy a banner and rent a plane and pilot. When North Texas fans, disgusted by what they see on the field, raise their hands and their eyes to the sky and ask a silent, unresponsive, apparently unloving God: "Why? WHY DO YOU LET THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO US???" - They get to see a message of hope and inspiration: "Go Mean Green!"

Last week, we banded together to stop our Athletic Director from eating crap like Jimmy Johns. I challenged you all, and a lot of people responded. They reached down into their pockets, felt something in their pants that they wanted to put in Rick V.'s mouth, and donated enough money to buy him a delicious Which Wich meal. 

Whether it's a sandwich, or a flying banner, or perhaps something else in the future... I'm amazed and proud of what GoMeanGreen fans have done, are doing, and can do tomorrow and beyond. 

Congratulations, friends. Your athletics programs may not be giving you much to celebrate or be proud of... But you can be proud of yourselves. Keep up the good work. 

I hope it's a chicken or turkey sandwich, because this is going to ruffle some serious feathers.

I thought about offering a personal sandwich suggestion (Bag #7 - Italian - Grinder, on white, hot, add Cheddar, Ranch, Lettuce, House Chips, Oil, Vinegar, Salt, Pepper, and Oregano)... But I decided that it went against the spirit of opening Rick's eyes to a new world and wide variety of options. 

How will the delivery go? Ceremony at half time during homecoming? Attach an envelope to a "FOR SALE" sign and plant it in his yard?  Drone delivery during the game? 

Mail delivery. 

No one got back to me about a halftime on-field presentation. 

Maybe for the next crowdfund?

EDIT: WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE NINJAFACE??? Harry, bring back the Ninjaface, or I may go on strike. 

Edited by TheTastyGreek

This joke would have been better if you had a screenshot of an excel spread sheet with a trendline.  The way it is now?  More proof of North Texas Half Assing Things (NTHAT).

Well, since I don't see your name on the list, I can see this is a joke to you, but for some of us, this is the start of something bigger. Keep posting your slander, and the rest of us will be out here trying to get something done and build on this momentum #itsallajoke

• Upvote 1

Well, since I don't see your name on the list, I can see this is a joke to you, but for some of us, this is the start of something bigger. Keep posting your slander, and the rest of us will be out here trying to get something done and build on this momentum #itsallajoke

Are you sure of that?  Did  you even make a phone call.  Do you expect Tasty to have to do all the work just because we paid him $325,000 to run this sandwich fundraiser?  Typical whining little boy.  #WhyAreWeUsingThePoundSignInFrontOfPhrases? 

_____

BTW I got a text message from The Great ShaneB and he tells me that after reading this entire thread he may now be clinically insane.

So, at least we got that accomplished.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Are you sure of that?  Did  you even make a phone call.  Do you expect Tasty to have to do all the work just because we paid him $325,000 to run this sandwich fundraiser?  Typical whining little boy.  #WhyAreWeUsingThePoundSignInFrontOfPhrases? 

_____

BTW I got a text message from The Great ShaneB and he tells me that after reading this entire thread he may now be clinically insane.

So, at least we got that accomplished.  

I've been canvassing the streets from Attleboro to the beaches of West Greenwich for change and am proud to have raised even more for future projects, thank you very much. While I appreciate what Tasty does with his salary, I feel it is my duty to do even more because I believe in this project. So, Alonzo, why don't you #backoffwiththeinquisitionanddecidetojusthaveacivilconversationwithmeagainlater, ya dig?

________

That is fantastic news. I cannot imagine stumbling on this cold - and wait until he reads the rest of the board. It will feel like the gusting winds of a thousand Playmakers.

• Upvote 2

You obviously ignore all the Jimmy Johns franchises being built throughout the city. If people didn't go there, why would they build more?

I invite you to have a club sandwich. Come by anytime and take a look at the lengthy menu, or did you lose that too??

• Upvote 3

Is there a program or list of donors for this one? I'm working on a project and need records.

Anyone who wants to announce that they contributed, I encourage it. But, though anonymity wasn't guaranteed, I will respect it and keep private donations private. 

Friends, I want to take a moment to tell you all how proud I am of how people came together to support this effort. 

On Saturday, the skies opened up and tried to rain out our sandwich effort. But, passionate, enthusiastic North Texas fans refused to be stopped. People made arrangements to meet me before game day... People who couldn't make it to the game met me in a parking lot just to hand over coins to help change this university's athletic program for the better. 

People I've never met overheard what we were doing, and rushed over to donate for change. People tried to hand over paper money (which I politely refused) to support and finance this noble initiative. 

Obviously, we could have done more... Because of various personal issues, I wasn't able to collect every cent people wanted to provide in support of this sandwich gift card. But, rather than focus on what we weren't able to do, I'd like to spotlight our success instead. 

Ladies and gentlemen... Rick Villarreal can eat anything he might want at Which Wich. His Jimmy Johns days are over. Because you all came together and bought him a $13.28 gift card. 

Sandwich20Letter.jpg

Two weeks ago, you came together and raised $2,200 to buy a banner and rent a plane and pilot. When North Texas fans, disgusted by what they see on the field, raise their hands and their eyes to the sky and ask a silent, unresponsive, apparently unloving God: "Why? WHY DO YOU LET THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO US???" - They get to see a message of hope and inspiration: "Go Mean Green!"

Last week, we banded together to stop our Athletic Director from eating crap like Jimmy Johns. I challenged you all, and a lot of people responded. They reached down into their pockets, felt something in their pants that they wanted to put in Rick V.'s mouth, and donated enough money to buy him a delicious Which Wich meal. 

Whether it's a sandwich, or a flying banner, or perhaps something else in the future... I'm amazed and proud of what GoMeanGreen fans have done, are doing, and can do tomorrow and beyond. 

Congratulations, friends. Your athletics programs may not be giving you much to celebrate or be proud of... But you can be proud of yourselves. Keep up the good work. 

This is inspired it brought tears to my eyes.

Has anyone on Twitter tweeted this at the Which Wich company account? 

Could be a good sponsorship opportunity. I still feel bad we weren't able to raise enough to feed Patty Wells...

The ironic part is it will take an all out marketing blitz to raise enough for Batchelder and Adams.

• Upvote 2