GMG Crowdfund, Round 2: A Delicious Proposal

TheTastyGreek

However, if we can't even raise enough to get him a Wicked, why don't we just drop down to FCS Quizno's?

I am tired of hearing how broke we are.  It is simply not true.  If we need to buy our AD a sandwich, we can do it.

I guess the big ffffing $1.25 that Quoner promised for the project won’t be fulfilled, or the $.81 Tasty so generously offered, or the 2 or 3 others who have scrounged up or found change for this worthy project.  Stop insulting some of us with this b.s. 

Just what do you think is happening behind the scenes right now?

• Upvote 5

If we were really dedicated to being big boys here, we would do this thing right:

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/man-spends-6-months-making-143556997/starting-from-scratch-1442500610678.html

this guy really leaves me wrestling with the existential question of whether or not you can think a man as both a hero and a moron.  

• Upvote 1

I am very happy to announce that I met with a prominent UNT alum today, and when I made my pitch for a sandwich donation... He contributed 17 cents! 

That brings us to a total of:

$2.23!

This initiative is really going well. My hope is that tomorrow, when everyone is able to contribute in person, we really catch fire and push this Sandwich Crowdfund over the top! Again, for anyone who doesn't know where to find the donation box... Look for the green Greek flag in the tailgating area, or PM me for better directions if you know you have a pocket full of change. 

Now, someone raised a troubling possibility with me in private. Given the history of Tulsa and Northern Arizona sabotaging our efforts to grow and prosper as a program... What if someone (perhaps, a Tulsa Fan in Texas?) goes to the Which Wich near my house and buys up all the gift cards? Can they stop us from making this happen?

NO. THEY CAN NOT STOP US. 

Some people may be willing to let Tulsa or Northern Arizona stop them from achieving their goals. Some people might run into some resistance, give up, and blame their lack of success on what Tulsa or Northern Arizona may or may not have done... BUT WE WILL NOT. 

If I have to drive to the next Which Wich to find a gift card, then that's what I'll do. And if that location is sold out too? Then I'll get on the phone and call every one I can find until someone has an availability to meet our needs. 

This sandwich gift card is happening. Don't anyone worry... If you all pull together and donate enough to finance it?  Then I will move heaven, earth, car, and toppings to make sure the gift card is bought and delivered. 

GO MEAN GREEN. GO SANDWICH. HOORAY, FUTURE! 

I had to go to the NY Sub today-saw a couple of coaches having lunch there.   I didnt ask about gift cards.

Kind of proves the top level of leadership is holding them all back if they have to sneak off for good sandwiches on game day eve. I'm ready to believe the AM conspiracy talk now.

• Upvote 1

Met up with another alum who won't be in the stands for tomorrow's game, but wanted to do his part... We have another 28 cents, people!

That brings us up to:

$2.51!

We should be all set up in the lot by 11 a.m. tomorrow, so be sure and stop by with your pocket change if you want to see this program succeed. 

Good news: Two great UNT alums who can't make the game just met us in the Sack and Save parking lot and contributed $1.85. That brings us up to a total of $4.36! 

Bad news: It's pouring rain here, and we may not be able to set up and grill. Not sure how significantly the weather is going to impact our fundraising. 

Good news: Two great UNT alums who can't make the game just met us in the Sack and Save parking lot and contributed $1.85. That brings us up to a total of $4.36! 

Bad news: It's pouring rain here, and we may not be able to set up and grill. Not sure how significantly the weather is going to impact our fundraising. 

I've got change in my pocket of I can find you. We're hiding out in the car at present though

• Upvote 1

Reading this is troubling. Missed connections...cancelled appointments...and just what sounds like a general clown show. Seriously considering what else I could do with my $1.25.

Um, this was a success. Despite weather and other issues, this was a success. Could have been more under ideal circumstances, but we didn't give up until we achieved success. 

Full update coming Monday, after the meltdowns are over and we're ready for good news. 

Um, this was a success. Despite weather and other issues, this was a success. Could have been more under ideal circumstances, but we didn't give up until we achieved success. 

Full update coming Monday, after the meltdowns are over and we're ready for good news. 

Good to see the usual suspects on GMG.com covered up the positives again. Looking forward to the report and sorry I doubted. Just proves that if you open your eyes, there's a lot of good happening here, even if some people grumble. I know I am proud to be the lead donor to such an important part of our future and look forward to my voice being heard constantly. 

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 3

I showed up 1 hr before the game excited about my contribution, and saw Mr. TastyGreek leaving his seats sometime during the 2nd quarter.  I assumed he was just taking a stroll to grab some Beth Maries Ice Cream to provide him some inspiration for the "delicious" endeavor he is pioneering.  I thought about yelling at him from my seats that I had a whopping $.85 donation for him, instead, I decided I would just catch him later.
I did not see him again.  Need to be careful with this guy. How can we trust that he is not using this money to purchase 4 suits rather than a sandwich?

• Upvote 4

I showed up 1 hr before the game excited about my contribution, and saw Mr. TastyGreek leaving his seats sometime during the 2nd quarter.  I assumed he was just taking a stroll to grab some Beth Maries Ice Cream to provide him some inspiration for the "delicious" endeavor he is pioneering.  I thought about yelling at him from my seats that I had a whopping $.85 donation for him, instead, I decided I would just catch him later.
I did not see him again.  Need to be careful with this guy. How can we trust that he is not using this money to purchase 4 suits rather than a sandwich?

Had to move into the shade... The one year old with us needed to get out of the sun. 

I know we can do more. And I'm not saying we've done all we're ever going to do. But, we did what we needed to do. The forces of nature conspired against us, but we got out of this crowdfund with a "W". 

Was it perfect? Was it pretty? Are we content? The answer to all of them is: "no". But, we did something special today. 

To anyone who wanted to give, but couldn't connect with me... I apologize. We would have been even stronger with your support, but hopefully you can take solace in knowing that we succeeded anyway. Keep that change, my friends.

Based on the positive feedback and success we achieved in the Rick Villarreal Sandwich Initiative, I think we may just have something else up our sleeve for Homecoming. Change doesn't happen all at once, fellow Mean Greeners. And we aren't going to rest on our laurels. I believe we accomplished something special this week. But, now we know that we're capable of doing even more. 

Dream big. Pocket those pennies. And stay tuned for the next GMG crowdfund.