Cross Country running well

CMJ

• 2 weeks later...

The direction of programs like this is what has me starting spending more time in the athletics forum rahter than the football or the bball forum. They also got votes in the national poll

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/c-xc/spec-rel/100615aaa.html

From what I can tell with my limited knowledge, the boys should be favorites to win C-USA this year and the girls look  competitive.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

I have a dream.

Soccer, swimming, cross country and volleyball play during the Fall.

Women's basketball, tennis, track and field, softball in the Spring. Forgive me if I missed any.

When football and/or MBB fail to do anything, we designate one game from one of our winning sports as Mean Green Winners day and provide the same game day experience for fans as the "revenue" sports, i.e. tailgating, giveaways, fireworks after a score, band, kettle corn, etc. Imagine 10,000 football fans going to the soccer game instead of the football game. Or 1,495 basketball fans going to a tennis match instead of hoops, giving fans that normally go to a football or basketball game a taste of winning. Just overwhelm the venue and cram as many people as you can around the game of choice. What it would do for that designated non-rev sport, and its players, would be pretty cool also.

GMG

Edited by untcampbell
tense repair
  • Upvote 3

Not sure they are the favorites although they are the defending champs. UTEP came in at #13 this week in the Top 25 after winning the Norte Dame Invite this past weekend.

Sorry I missed that. But still, I assume they should qualify for regionals or something of the sort (I really don't know how this works in cross country).

I have a dream.

Soccer, swimming, cross country and volleyball play during the Fall.

Women's basketball, tennis, track and field, softball in the Spring. Forgive me if I missed any.

When football and/or MBB fail to do anything, we designate one game from one of our winning sports as Mean Green Winners day and provide the same game day experience for fans as the "revenue" sports, i.e. tailgating, giveaways, fireworks after a score, band, kettle corn, etc. Imagine 10,000 football fans going to the soccer game instead of the football game. Or 1,495 basketball fans going to a tennis match instead of hoops, giving fans that normally go to a football or basketball game a taste of winning. Just overwhelm the venue and cram as many people as you can around the game of choice. What it would do for that designated non-rev sport, and its players, would be pretty cool also.

GMG

That would be really cool.

Sorry I missed that. But still, I assume they should qualify for regionals or something of the sort (I really don't know how this works in cross country).

In Cross Country every school can go to Regionals regardless of how they fare in their respective conference meet, North Texas is in the South Central Region. Traditionally only the top two teams in this region get the automatic bid to Nationals versus say the Mountain Region that put 7 automatic qualifiers in last year. UNT has an excellent chance this year to grab the second spot from UT behind Arkansas. Also we currently sit in a good spot with our victory of UT at getting one of the at large bids if we finish third at regionals. Last year we finished third in the Region but didn't get an at large. Needless to say this is the best chance UNT has ever had to take a team to the National meet.