Remember when I warned y'all about the end?

Green P1

Someone smarter than me said.........if you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make yours look any better.  We are going to have to play the hand we are dealt this year.  It does no one any good to make personal attacks on players, even if their play might deserve it.  I do not think any players goes on the field with the intent to play a bad game.  They are however limited by their talent and ability.  No O lineman wants to be born with the foot speed of a begonia nor does any q back ever want his punter to be exhausted after the game.

Someone smarter than me said.........if you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make yours look any better.  We are going to have to play the hand we are dealt this year.  It does no one any good to make personal attacks on players, even if their play might deserve it.  I do not think any players goes on the field with the intent to play a bad game.  They are however limited by their talent and ability.  No O lineman wants to be born with the foot speed of a begonia nor does any q back ever want his punter to be exhausted after the game.

At least with regard to the offense, I don't think we can play the "well that's the hand we were dealt" card when there really haven't been any material, season shifting events like injuries (unless I missed something which is always possible). The coaching staff is currently playing with the hand they specifically chose. While this game was pretty awful offensively, I do think the Rice game will be telling of how much of it, if any was working out kinks in the first game.  If things do not improve, I suppose we either have a hand full of low cards, or chose to play the low ones instead of the ace.  The latter is even worse, but in Year 5, either one isn't really acceptable at the FBS level.