If this is the best talent we have at QB

UNT90

I'm not entirely convinced this was all AM's fault.

Im not so sure we would  have fared much better had RG III been in there cause he too would have been wearing the same ball-N-chain AM was.

Mac wasn't trying for only his 20th road win EVER for nothing folks.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

Here's exclusive video of  next weeks offensive playbook.

RVBPTy9.gif

LMAO!!!!  

Greatness OG...Pure Greatness!

Rick

He was, cut his route short and was overthrown early in the first half. Dropped a pass or two in the second, made one diving catch I believe for a first down. #14 Chris Loving looked pretty good and seemed to get more touches. 

But did you see how both are being used?  This staff is saying...screaming really, as loud as they can that they either don't care or have no clue what a tightend is and used for.  

Both players were out in the slot running 5 yard stops matched up with a speedy corner, not inside on the line where they can take advantage of a mismatch being covered by a slower linebacker.

Its the the biggest waste of a position I've ever witnessed, and has been for 5 years now.  

With that, Dillman needs to wake up and transfer if he has any desire to play and be a difference maker or he faces wasting the last 5 years of his playing-days life.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Downvote 1

I'm not entirely convinced this was all AM's fault.

Im not so sure we would  have fared much better had RG III been in there cause he too would have been wearing the same ball-N-chain AM was.

Mac wasn't trying for only his 20th road win EVER for nothing folks.

Rick

I was listening on espn3, and they said everything short of saying mcnulty was not a D1 qb.  Staring down wrs.  When wrs make their cuts, the ball should be there.  Timing patterns.  Not waiting until the wr is wide open.  Simple stuff.

The same exact plays with an average QB, we put up at least 24 pts.

• Upvote 2

although I have said before that I consider it an exercise in futility, I will probably email the prez this week demanding some consequences for an AD that has produced squat on his time at UNT. It's pretty much the last step I'm going to take.

I sat by the Prez. You should all e-mail him as he is very receptive to what it will take to get better teams and coaches. Deluge him with e-mails to say our athletic program is an embarrassment and will never allow us to be considered for Tier I nor have a donor base. A performance like last night has brought shame and disgust to everyone in attendance. Largest NT crowd you will see all year and on the road and to see such a putrid product. I have to agree with 90, we are not even Sun Belt worthy and I would say mid tier Southland-- ask the Prez is this the perception you want to send? The DFW media quotes from MAC show the ego inflated BS artist that he is.

My only concern going into this season was Andrew McNulty and the possibility of our dumb coaches actually naming him as our starter. My concern came to fruition and now look at us. 

After seeing the performance tonight we will be 0-4 going into our HC game. That game was suppose to be our sure thing. Not any more, but I still expect to win that to push us to 1-4. After HC, our only even shot at wins are both at home vs utsa and the season finale vs UTEP. We are starring at 3-9 and probably more realistically 2-10 right on the face. 

At 2-10 you are the eternal optimist. I was at 1-11 but w/ Portland State a threat now, I say 0-12.

• Upvote 1

I sat by the Prez. You should all e-mail him as he is very receptive to what it will take to get better teams and coaches. Deluge him with e-mails to say our athletic program is an embarrassment...

I'm not so sure he isn't being told everything is fine?  

By the way our number one suck-up over here jumped in front of him in the isle as he was leaving, grinning and glad-handing him so hard I thought he was about to get dry humped on,  he may think this is the best we can ever do?

Rick 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

By the way our number one suck-up over here jumped in front of him in the isle as he was leaving, grinning and glad-handing him so hard I thought he was about to get dry humped on,  he may think this is the best we can ever do?

Rick 

Be sure for my time (the whole game) sitting in front of him, he is not happy about athletics in general and the McNulty brother-in-law deal in particlar. He wants Tier 1 badly and knows we can not be the laughing stock of the FBS and get there. I really think some reenforcement e-mail from alums especially in this 125th anniversary year might spur him to take action with the BOR. I told him at the end very cordially that it was a shame this game was such an embarrassment before a great road crowd and he nodded in agreement. I think anything from 3-9 down and buyouts will be structured taking place in installments.

• Upvote 2

Rick 

Oh come on now, give us peons a hint on who the human vacuum cleaner is?

I think anything from 3-9 down and buyouts will be structured taking place in installments.

In year 5, the bar really ought to be set at a bowl victory without the prior coaches recruits.  I hope we finish 11-1 however unlikely that may be, but if we finish 4-8 or 5-7 and nothing changes at all in the off season then the expectation level is even lower than I thought. 

Be sure for my time (the whole game) sitting in front of him, he is not happy about athletics in general and the McNulty brother-in-law deal in particlar. He wants Tier 1 badly and knows we can not be the laughing stock of the FBS and get there. I really think some reenforcement e-mail from alums especially in this 125th anniversary year might spur him to take action with the BOR. I told him at the end very cordially that it was a shame this game was such an embarrassment before a great road crowd and he nodded in agreement. I think anything from 3-9 down and buyouts will be structured taking place in installments.

I enjoyed this DG post.  I wanted to post and preserve this moment.

• Upvote 1

Last night's game changed my prediction of 6-6 to 2-12.

Still trying to decide who the other win is after Portland State.

PSU is not only 2-0, but both wins were on the road.  The last against an Idaho St team that beat them last year and finished 8-4 on the season.  They held ISU to 61 yards on the ground, 181 thru the air.  

It should be a good matchup...which is sickening to type.

Rick

• Upvote 3