If this is the best talent we have at QB

UNT90

I thought about getting the Smith chant going like I did that year with Woody in the student section when Woody Wilson took over during the SMU game at Fouts.  McNulty fumbled the ball & my 8 year old spilled his drink on a lady in front of us, both events sucked the motivation out of me.....

there was a silent we miss Dajon chant. And of course a lot of people were yelling for smith to enter. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

question for you @UNT90. Which is worse? McNulty as our Quarterback? or RV's scheduling? Because, I can comprehend how much torture our fans have to go through, A first week bye, 5 home game schedule, home games on holidays and bad day times, and now McNulty is leading the 2015 season. I will say, Mac finally gives him the bench after we lose all of our games going into homecoming. If McNulty somehow gets us a Rice win, we go into another losing season and McNulty finishes his senior season as a starting QB. I can't believe Mac, really disappointed in him.....

TRIPLE OPTION BABY!!!! 

it would be more options than we have now. You can't call the receivers an option when we can't get them the ball. At least with the triple option, you can lure the defense in close enough, then pop off a short, quick pass. Surely one of our backs or receivers can throw that far.

And there is no excuse not to try it, because the backs and receivers already know the playbook.

I went into this game worried because of the offense. I'm not angry tonight because I'm not surprised. We all saw the horrendous play at QB last year but expected a complete 180 in one season? Did we really all forget how bad the QBs performed last year? What in the hell does Mac expect from his QBs??? To make only one or two important throws a game? I'm not expecting to see Marcus Mariota out there, but good god a QB that can throw a spiral would be nice. I am not shitting any of you when I say that I've seen better passers at the FCS & D2 level (yeah I know the FBS game is faster but the lame duck throw shows me enough). I've seen freakin' players that can put the rock on a dime, but not at NT because you're not 6'4". 

• Upvote 1

My only concern going into this season was Andrew McNulty and the possibility of our dumb coaches actually naming him as our starter. My concern came to fruition and now look at us. 

After seeing the performance tonight we will be 0-4 going into our HC game. That game was suppose to be our sure thing. Not any more, but I still expect to win that to push us to 1-4. After HC, our only even shot at wins are both at home vs utsa and the season finale vs UTEP. We are starring at 3-9 and probably more realistically 2-10 right on the face. 

• Upvote 2

The only reason McNulty is the starter is due to being longtime family friends with McCarney.

I don't believe this for a minute, it does not fit McCarney's rep. It is really a silly conspiracy, even if true the answer would be we gave him a shot and your son did not make starter. Then McCarney is off the hook. A better conspiracy would be that McCarney is being blackmailed by who was once a longtime family friend.

Mac does tend to be overly loyal to assistant coaches which I think we are seeing with Canales.

I don't believe this for a minute, it does not fit McCarney's rep. It is really a silly conspiracy, even if true the answer would be we gave him a shot and your son did not make starter. Then McCarney is off the hook. A better conspiracy would be that McCarney is being blackmailed by who was once a longtime family friend.

Mac does tend to be overly loyal to assistant coaches which I think we are seeing with Canales.

Well, let's be real about this for a moment. Name me 1 FBS school that offered him? 

• Upvote 1

I thought about getting the Smith chant going like I did that year with Woody in the student section when Woody Wilson took over during the SMU game at Fouts.  McNulty fumbled the ball & my 8 year old spilled his drink on a lady in front of us, both events sucked the motivation out of me.....

Was Smith - who our own coaches say is the most NFL possible guy on the roster - even targeted tonight?

• Upvote 1

The intermediate passing is horrendous. If it's not a quick throw in the flat or slant, it's not in the gameplan. I'm not surprised one bit  by the limitations of this passing game. Defense played hard and the running game showed flashes. Even with that said, if you can't throw the damn ball you aren't going to win many games 

It's almost as if McCarney is not even aware of the importance of a play making quarterback in today's game. I think I'll dust off my old VCR and ship it to him so that he can record a few games around the country and hopefully be influenced to join the modern era.

question for you @UNT90. Which is worse? McNulty as our Quarterback? or RV's scheduling? Because, I can comprehend how much torture our fans have to go through, A first week bye, 5 home game schedule, home games on holidays and bad day times, and now McNulty is leading the 2015 season. I will say, Mac finally gives him the bench after we lose all of our games going into homecoming. If McNulty somehow gets us a Rice win, we go into another losing season and McNulty finishes his senior season as a starting QB. I can't believe Mac, really disappointed in him.....

McNulty is our QB because of what is looking more and more like another bad coaching hire by RV. If RV had hired a different head coach, McNulty never gets a scholarship offer. Don't forget we were the ONLY FBS offer that he received.

So it's not really an either or situation. 

it would be more options than we have now. You can't call the receivers an option when we can't get them the ball. At least with the triple option, you can lure the defense in close enough, then pop off a short, quick pass. Surely one of our backs or receivers can throw that far.

And there is no excuse not to try it, because the backs and receivers already know the playbook.

the defense was in close all night, routinely putting 9 in the box like we knew they would.

When your QB can't throw the ball accurately past the 15 yard mark, it doesn't matter how sucked in the defense is playing. 

• Upvote 2

Was Smith - who our own coaches say is the most NFL possible guy on the roster - even targeted tonight?

He was, cut his route short and was overthrown early in the first half. Dropped a pass or two in the second, made one diving catch I believe for a first down. #14 Chris Loving looked pretty good and seemed to get more touches. 

• Upvote 1