If this is the best talent we have at QB

UNT90

The intermediate passing is horrendous. If it's not a quick throw in the flat or slant, it's not in the gameplan. I'm not surprised one bit  by the limitations of this passing game. Defense played hard and the running game showed flashes. Even with that said, if you can't throw the damn ball you aren't going to win many games 

• Upvote 1

I think if our QB could throw the ball, we would.

Also, I agree we need to clean house, starting at the top. I am losing interest in this team and that's saying something. 

I'll say "Amen", pastor.

• Upvote 2

Remember that season when Riley Dodge got moved to WR because he injured his shoulder and couldn't throw more than five yards down the field, but then all our other QBs got hurt so they had to move Riley back to QB even though he couldn't throw anymore? Well, I'd rather have that version of Riley Dodge than McNulty (or as we call him in our house McNoTD) because McNoTD can't throw or run. I've been following this program closely for 20 years and have never seen such poor QB play. Someone needs to be held accountable and fired for this RV, Mac, Canales, one of them.

• Upvote 5

It's a good thing we can't be demoted back to the Sun Belt.

The BOR might just let us get demoted again to the Southland Conference, though...

if you won't spend the cash, can't raise the cash, or just don't have the cash, then you shouldn't have a FBS team. Otherwise, you just embarras everyone associated with the program. And your AD has watched over a 14 year span that has not even seen us exceed the .400 mark...not .500... 

I don't know if it's the best but I do know we have no talent at quarterback. None. 

How are you here for five years and never bring in an AVERAGE quarterback? I'm not even asking for a stud. Just a middle of the pack CUSA quarterback. 

i think there is an all state dual threat QB on campus, unfortunately he's on the basketball team.

• Upvote 5

I'm going to allow this for now. Let's remember where blame truly lies.  

No QB on this roster is responsible for hiring a head football coach, no QB on this roster is responsible for recruiting and building a program.  No one would have a problem with any QB on the current roster if they were a third string QB that we got to see attempt a few passes late in the fourth quarter of his senior year senior game.

If someone is being played where they shouldn't, don't blame the student athlete, blame the grown adults getting paid hundreds of thousands to make sure the right student athlete is playing in that spot.  

The play call is awful and yes Mcnulty does not control if he is selected to start a game, but he certainly could pull himself from a game. It is frustrating that the best player is not starting. At least in basketball the best players play (unless they are suspended). In football the best players end up riding the bench. 

• Downvote 2

Honestly I would rather they put Carlos Harris at QB.

Since we are going to run the ball anyways you might as well put an actual threat on the read option.  SMU knew damn well McNothing wasn't going to keep the ball.

Just wildcat it the whole time. Have Kidsy come in motion have Jimmerson and Wilson on each side of Carlos.  

Put Goree/Rutherford outside for possible mismatch/jump ball. And marcus Smith/Lynn out there to block and have a ton of misdirection.

• Upvote 1

I fail to understand how McNulty has not improved ONE BIT in his 5th year here. I think that speaks to both his ceiling and our coaches for failure to develop players.

McNulty's ceiling was the first TD at Apogee - in which he got subbed in to appease the photo op moment for his father.

• Upvote 6

Was I the only one yelling Smith from the Stands?

I thought about getting the Smith chant going like I did that year with Woody in the student section when Woody Wilson took over during the SMU game at Fouts.  McNulty fumbled the ball & my 8 year old spilled his drink on a lady in front of us, both events sucked the motivation out of me.....

• Upvote 5