If this is the best talent we have at QB

UNT90

At this point, I seriously hope we don't win a game this season. Stay with me here.

If we turn an ofer (which is extremely possible if McNulty is truly the best QB on the roster) for the season, and then win 12 or less games at basketball, I think the BOR would be forced to fire the man responsible, no matter how many drinks he buys them down on the Denton square.

Maybe then we would hire someone who has heard of the forward pass, at least in passing, enough to throw the F'n ball ONE F'N TIME after an early turnover.

This season is headed for disaster. I will tailgate and socialize, but will pay little attention. To the crap product that is headed our way. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

At this point, I seriously hope we don't win a game this season. Stay with me here.

If we turn an ofer (which is extremely possible if McNulty is truly the best QB on the roster) for the season, and then win 12 or less games at basketball, I think the BOR would be forced to fire the man responsible, no matter how many drinks he buys them down on the Denton square.

Maybe then we would hire someone who has heard of the forward pass, at least in passing, enough to throw the F'n ball ONE F'N TIME after an early turnover.

This season is headed for disaster. I will tailgate and socialize, but will pay little attention. To the crap product that is headed our way. 

Even if we went 0-12 do we even have the money to fire mac and pay whatever he gets in a buyout?  I don't know if we can even afford that.

Even if we went 0-12 do we even have the money to fire mac and pay whatever he gets in a buyout?  I don't know if we can even afford that.

if we F'n don't, drop the F down to FCS and quit pretending to be something we aren't.

This is the biggest bullshit excuse. And if it isn't, DROP THE F DOWN.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I don't know if it's the best but I do know we have no talent at quarterback. None. 

How are you here for five years and never bring in an AVERAGE quarterback? I'm not even asking for a stud. Just a middle of the pack CUSA quarterback. 

Give the freaking 4 star recruit a chance before his 23 (25+) game shot is over. And no, I'm not talking about Berglund. This isn't 1984 when the QB is only a cog in the machine Mac.

• Upvote 2

if we F'n don't, drop the F down to FCS and quit pretending to be something we aren't.

I'm not denying that but we saw that we couldn't buy out Dodge until year 4 I guess it was.  Yes we have a little more money now maybe but shit our 6th home game this season was prob considered the SMU game and we've yet to bag a decent opponent to Apogee.

• Upvote 1

Mac says that the '15 class of recruits may be his best.   That may very well be true.    But, you cannot win at the FBS level without an FBS caliber QB.    Mac has done great things to rally the students into supporting their school.   And, he seems to put a disciplined team on the field every week.   Our talent level does not seem to be poor overall.

However, it all comes down the the QB.     When it comes to the most important position on the roster, Mac unfortunately gets an F.    There seems to be tons of QB talent at the FCS level, yet we can't get one of them at NT ?

Surprisingly, I thought recruiting decent QB's was one of the few things that TD did well.   

This is soooooo frustrating.

• Upvote 2

This. Everything that I have heard, indicates that money is not a problem. The guy making the decisions has a vested interest in only giving extensions, not pink slips.

• Upvote 1

I'm very close to gone, as are a lot of people at my tailgate. I don't know if I will come back if the same leadership is here next year. 

We are so ready to explode into the college athletic scene. The ONLY thing holding us back I san AD who will lie at the drop of a hat to protect his own ass.

How long does this continue?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Mac says that the '15 class of recruits may be his best.   That may very well be true.    But, you cannot win at the FBS level without an FBS caliber QB.    Mac has done great things to rally the students into supporting their school.   And, he seems to put a disciplined team on the field every week.   Our talent level does not seem to be poor overall.

However, it all comes down the the QB.     When it comes to the most important position on the roster, Mac unfortunately gets an F.    There seems to be tons of QB talent at the FCS level, yet we can't get one of them at NT ?

Surprisingly, I thought recruiting decent QB's was one of the few things that TD did well.   

This is soooooo frustrating.

I was fully on board with the Mac hire but at this point I don't believe a gawd damn thing Mac says. 

• Upvote 3

I'm not denying that but we saw that we couldn't buy out Dodge until year 4 I guess it was.  Yes we have a little more money now maybe but shit our 6th home game this season was prob considered the SMU game and we've yet to bag a decent opponent to Apogee.

Couldn't and Wouldn't are 2 ENTIRELY different words. 

Who told you that? Your patholoical liar of an AD that still operates at UNT?

it doesn't matter...until everyone understands that this is ALL ABOUT COST, you're gonna beat your head against the wall thinking something different is possible. It's not until you change that mindset. Seeing how that mindset has existed for, oh, I don't know, about 50 years here, you and I will be long gone before this change occurs...

• Upvote 3

it doesn't matter...until everyone understands that this is ALL ABOUT COST, you're gonna beat your head against the wall thinking something different is possible. It's not until you change that mindset. Seeing how that mindset has existed for, oh, I don't know, about 50 years here, you and I will be long gone before this change occurs...

I will be gone very soon if this is indeed true. The sad thing is I think RV would be perfectly ok with that, because that would mean I wouldn't be causing him any grief.

Couldn't and Wouldn't are 2 ENTIRELY different words. 

Who told you that? Your patholoical liar of an AD that still operates at UNT?

Good point perhaps it was just RV's fat ego that wouldn't accept he made a terrible hire.

All I know is this really sucks and it makes me a little more angry knowing I and many on this board are committed to club seats and this is the crap we're seeing on the FB field and seeing from our AD on all the rest of his bad hires.

• Upvote 3

Good point perhaps it was just RV's fat ego that wouldn't accept he made a terrible hire.

All I know is this really sucks and it makes me a little more angry knowing I and many on this board are committed to club seats and this is the crap we're seeing on the FB field and seeing from our AD on all the rest of his bad hires.

although I have said before that I consider it an exercise in futility, I will probably email the prez this week demanding some consequences for an AD that has produced squat on his time at UNT. It's pretty much the last step I'm going to take.

• Upvote 2

there is a VERY real possibility that we win 0 games this year. 

Let that sink in. 

If there is better talent, Mac should be fired for not putting it on the field. 

This was yet another huge opportunity lost tonight. It seems to be what we specialize in at UNT.

If you think that will change under this AD after 14 years of losing just about every opportunity possible, you are sadly mistaken. 

After last year's embarrassment at the hands of UNT, SMU did something about it. I doubt we will do anything, because that's what we do. Nothing.

Win or lose.

I say we win against Portland State. But other then that, we are in deep doo doo. McNulty = Let's look forward to 2016. 

I also want to apologize to the people on this board that shot down McNulty, and I corrected them. You all were right, and I truly accept the fact that McNulty is the death of the 2015 season.

• Upvote 3

I say we win against Portland State. But other then that, we are in deep doo doo. McNulty = Let's look forward to 2016. 

You DO know that Portland State beat Washington State last week right. Make no mistake that Washingron state would kill us right now so we are probably in deep doo doo with Portland State too.

• Upvote 5

I will be gone very soon if this is indeed true. The sad thing is I think RV would be perfectly ok with that, because that would mean I wouldn't be causing him any grief.

If this indeed true...come on UNT90--you know it's true, even if you don't want to admit it.

Think about the loss of fans at the Super Pit after Benford's failure. We have lost basically 50% of the attendance at games in conference play that we had in JJ's last year's. And yet nothing--NOTHING--has changed...except that RV got an extension from the BOR.

I give up. I'll still follow the team and attend games when I can, but I'm just gonna do what the BOR wants me to do--talk up our world-class music program, how great a value our tuition and fees are, and then just wait for the Rick Villareal Athletic Department Complex to get completed.

We told you that McNulty would be Mac's QB to start the season and he will stay that way for at least the first 4 games. Chico is a dead man walking now, most likely will lose play calling at some point soon, and he will be replaced by an OC who is on the same page as Woody Hayes McCarney. This continues for another three years, BARE MINIMUM.

SMU might win a few more games, but I highly doubt it. They just got the benefit of beating us in front A very large Mean Green crowd that won't show up for another game all season. Congrats, BOR and RV on scheduling SMU!! This will cement our place as the worst FBS team in the state. 

• Upvote 6

You DO know that Portland State beat Washington State last week right. Make no mistake that Washingron state would kill us right now so we are probably in deep doo doo with Portland State too.

yeah I'm aware of that. But, I think that game could be won without a QB.

Hell, you know what.... I'm not going to argue with your point. Maybe this year is a super dud. I can't argue with this anymore. 

UNT 90 wins...

Edited by GreenTexan13