SMU AD just tweeted this out

Harry

They really get some mileage out of that one black girl, don't they? It's like the non-UNT sports forum the day after Mia Love got elected. 

hate to burst your bubble but SMU and UNT are not that different racially....

UNT

African American - 14%
Asian - 5%
Hispanic - 19%
International - 4%
Native American - 1%
White - 54%
Unknown - 1%

SMU
African American - 6%
Asian - 6%
Hispanic - 11%
International - 8%
Native American - 0%
White - 64%
Unknown - 1%
Edited by MJavierSMU
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Seems to me that they may just be a little concerned that UNT will have more students than SMU has attending this game?  Is that possible?

I know that it appeared the SMU students showed up late to the Baylor game.  It will be interesting to see.

hate to burst your bubble but SMU and UNT are not that different racially....

UNT

African American - 14%
Asian - 5%
Hispanic - 19%
International - 4%
Native American - 1%
White - 54%
Unknown - 1%

SMU
African American - 6%
Asian - 6%
Hispanic - 11%
International - 8%
Native American - 0%
White - 64%
Unknown - 1%

First, you missed the joke, which actually is a shot at people here in jest. Second, whoever edited that video should know better. Thanks for setting me straight. Would it help if I told you I know some swell Hispanic SMU grads so you can feel better about...something? 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Percentage points matter.

Texas is 12% Black.  Blacks are OVER represented at UNT (14%), they are under represented at SMU (6%).

Texas is 38% Hispanic.  They are under represented at UNT and SMU but UNT has almost twice the percentage.

That is not almost the same.  

SMU still needs to work on its diversity but it is more diverse than it gets credit for. Percentage wise SMU has twice the international population as UNT. Even though most wouldn't think so, SMU is more diverse than TCU and very similar as Baylor. Both SMU and Baylor are 64% white. 

Edited by MJavierSMU
  • Upvote 2

He is crapping on us for selling out 3,000 tix for our students at their stadium. Yet they bring less then 50 people to our stadium?

e268a9a9f656ac12c395f048be410d629b13c16c

I was hoping someone would push that stupid horse off that was standing on the railing....

It is the opposite. They are not crapping on us for selling out our allotment, instead they are using it as a rallying cry to get their students to show up so there are not more UNT students at the game than SMU students. 

Edited by Eastwood Eagle
  • Upvote 3

As a former Student at UNT... I really doubt those numbers are accurate about our enrollment. UNT is probably the most diverse large university in Texas (Houston may be more so). We havent sold out *this* stadium yet but that doesnt somehow mean we have never had 30,000+ in our former stadium, and after 1 winning season in 10 years, I think we are gonna build to that. If we stomp you guys out tomorrow, we may see close to a sell-out against Rice.

• Upvote 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have never sold out your stadium... correct?

Your stadium that seats less people than Ford?

I think I'd hold off on the crowd smack talk.

take it easy bro, when you have TCU, Baylor, and A&M take over your crowds.... I wouldn't talk smack either....

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 3