Safeway Bowl Art

JRock

• 1 year later...
On 9/11/2015 at 9:09 AM, Cerebus said:

Not bad, but if we call it the Republican Fund Raising Committee to Impeach Obama Series then Highland Park will PACK both stadiums.  

SMU has already made a passionate plea for help to the Republican Party. Unfortunately for them it was received with somewhat indifference.

Here's a record of the conversation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQLtz_871EE

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 3

On 9/10/2015 at 11:30 PM, jimbojimjim said:

I created a version of this logo before last year's game. I tweaked it a little bit, so that it can be re-used whenever. Do with it what you will.

Safeway-Bowl-Logo-2015.png

I like it, but it should probably have a football, football helmet, or (for years played at home) Apogee Stadium wings at the top instead of the Safeway Logo. 1) that's Trademark infringement, 2) there are no Safeways anymore. Keep the name, ditch the symbol and add something football.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 minute ago, Jason Howeth said:

I like it, but it should probably have a football, football helmet, or (for years played at home) Apogee Stadium wings at the top instead of the Safeway Logo. 1) that's Trademark infringement, 2) there are no Safeways anymore. Keep the name, ditch the symbol and add something football.

There are no Safeways in Texas, but they certainly still exist.

• Upvote 1

I like the Safeway bowl logo with the green and red shield. 

And as far as the Southern Meth fans who play at Ford Field not knowing our proper name, we've had that name for over 31 years.  Many of the Southern Meth fans are not even 31 years old.  This speaks to their lack of knowledge of college football.  They are probably not aware that Texas State and Memphis also have changed their names in recent (31 ? ) years.

6 for Heisman

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 1

On 9/5/2019 at 9:26 AM, Jason Howeth said:

Nice to see this thread being revived every year. That logo is one I designed in 2014. I never liked it all that much. It needed a few more tweaks, especially around the "laces" in the middle. I'm more proud of the logo I put together a few years later, that captures the essence of Matt Simon's DMN quote. I kept the Safeway logo, because why not, this is really just for fun. I won't be making any kind of profit from it. Would be nice to put it on t-shirt though.

Safeway_Bowl_Logo-2017.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

3 hours ago, jimbojimjim said:

Nice to see this thread being revived every year. That logo is one I designed in 2014. I never liked it all that much. It needed a few more tweaks, especially around the "laces" in the middle. I'm more proud of the logo I put together a few years later, that captures the essence of Matt Simon's DMN quote. I kept the Safeway logo, because why not, this is really just for fun. I won't be making any kind of profit from it. Would be nice to put it on t-shirt though.

I'd buy a shirt with this logo.

3 hours ago, jimbojimjim said:

I'd buy this too... but wish it said UNT instead of North Texas just to balance out the image a bit. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 11 months later...