SMU fans confident about UNT game

Harry

That being said, UNT lost ALL it's away games last year, scoring 27 at most vs UTSA and allowing betweem 35-56 points on each loss. They are replacing 4 offensive line starters, their QB situation is a mess, no real WR threats, and they are pretty much one dimensional. Rewatched SMU-BU game...the team had a chance to score on EVERY drive. (The ones we didn't score were killed by 2 MD INTs, the halftime clock mgmt debacle, a false start and MD going down on the 3rd quarter). We did not see that at all from last years team. Matt Davis is a special qb and I think UNT will not be able to match up with Sutton, Castille, Gaines and our running backs. I am predicting 49-27 But I could also see a 31-10 type game since NT will try to run the ball and eat clock. If SMU keeps it clean on penalties, wins the offense and special teams battles, they should win this game comfortably.

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78811&sid=8ff776ad896b62bcac97cc18167769d6

Those guys talk as if mistakes aren't a part of the game of football. More times than not the team that commits the fewest mistakes will win. If 5+ mistakes happen expect a lopsided score. This game has me worried only because of Andrew McNulty and not because of smut. This is AM's opportunity to shut the naysayers up and I hope he does. He's going to have to do it with efficiency rather than eye popping stats and I'd be OK with that. Just win. 

• Upvote 6

Those guys talk as if mistakes aren't a part of the game of football. More times than not the team that commits the fewest mistakes will win. If 5+ mistakes happen expect a lopsided score. This game has me worried only because of Andrew McNulty and not because of smut. This is AM's opportunity to shut the naysayers up and I hope he does. He's going to have to do it with efficiency rather than eye popping stats and I'd be OK with that. Just win. 

This game worries me because SMU has a legit Head Coach and we have the all consummate rah rah rah cheerleader who couldn't  X and O his way out of a paper bag.

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

This game worries me because SMU has a legit Head Coach and we have the all consummate rah rah rah cheerleader.

Valid point and that's hard to disagree with. At the same time Morris hasn't proved much of nothing except for he (SMU) can recruit better than UNT, but when has that not been the case. They have a bad defense regardless of who their first game was. Their DL looked not only small, but winded vs a pass first offense. Base your O off of that. Run the football smartly with misdirections and perimeter runs to get them winded and then pound on them between the tackles.  Do it going tempo then do it going on tempo to the line to eat clock. Keep them on their heels and keep them guessing play selection and snap count. There are plenty of yards to be had, run & pass. I will be shocked to walk out of that stadium without 200+ yards rushing. I expect AM to pick and pop his way to 200 passing yards. He just has to avoid the disastrous plays and with all this talk from Mac about him being good in his reads, decision making, etc. we shouldn't see those type plays. If we do, someone will need to remind me why the hell he is in the game. 

• Downvote 3

I don't understand how either fans of SMU or NT could be confident of anything on the field. Two of the worst teams in the nation last year meeting with everything to prove.  

I think both teams will be substantially better and sky high for the game.   A win by either team is not going to cause a ripple in the football world, but a loss is going to a major setback for either team. 

• Upvote 6

Remember, this is our opponent this weekend:

Embedded image permalink

That photo is so stereotypical... it just cracks me up.  The girl on the right biting her nails... the red headed dude with his shirt unbuttoned to his belly -- the Reed Richards from the Fantastic 4 looking guy with his arms in the air.. just a classic photo!

Edited by Harry

Remember, this is our opponent this weekend:

Embedded image permalink

Here's what the girl just to the right of the guy in red glasses is thinking:

"Daddy sent me here to marry one of these Risky Business looking d-bags...fine, as long as he pays my Neiman's bill.  I wonder how long I gotta wait to cheat on him with a North Texas guy AND get half?"

Edited by emmitt01