This is Why We (SMU) Are Playing NTSU

Harry

Posted by Stallion:  If 1/3rd of their projection of 15,000 come to the game that would be something like $300,000, 2/3 $600,000 and 3/3 $900,000 (based on $60 spent on tickets etc). Well we shall see as I have my doubts-hey if we are going to play them for 7 more years might as well spice it up a little. They used to bring huge crowds when Hayden Fry was there and games were played at Texas Stadium. 5,000+ would be great and add the atmosphere

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78702&sid=8c76e2e54d10bbcac604a9a8d3182a30

Re: This is Why We Are Playing NTSU

Postby Digetydog » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:36 am

They are the perfect opponent and should be on our schedule forever.
1) Local with reasonably big crowds
2) If Morris does his job, we should win every year
3) they should never "beat us up" again
Do unto others before they do unto you!!

What an idiot. Ran out of material real quick. 

Will someone correct Calallenstrong? Did they bring more than 100 people?

Official attendance per Vito article last year: 22,398  

"
That being said, I don't think there were more than 8K-10K UNT fans at Apogee last year. Stadium seats 30K and was more than half empty."

Edited by Aldo
  • Upvote 2

That being said, I don't think there were more than 8K-10K UNT fans at Apogee last year. Stadium seats 30K and was more than half empty."

How would he know? He didn't go to the game, as well as the other 99% of the posters on punyfans.com.

They are going to find out real quick, that solving a coaching issue is just a band-aid for the wounds that need healing after a 1-11 season. What a bunch of Dallas clowns.

• Upvote 3

How would he know? He didn't go to the game, as well as the other 99% of the posters on punyfans.com.

They are going to find out real quick, that solving a coaching issue is just a band-aid for the wounds that need healing after a 1-11 season. What a bunch of Dallas clowns.

Actually, I think that whole board showed up at Apogee last year--all 50 of them...

• Upvote 1

I'm thinking the $60 is the average overall revenue per fan they're estimating (ticket, parking, concessions, souvenirs, etc.).

So of course you're right; if they don't start paying us more to mow their expansive lawns, or at least giving us a nice tip before game day, then none of us will be able to afford that level of expenditure.

• Upvote 1