NMSU "Stuff the Stadium"

10Eagle10

http://www.abqjournal.com/632557/sports/aggie-football-homes-to-sell-out-sept-12-home-opener.html

"NMSU believes the school will match last year’s 5,326 season ticket sales."

How come New Mexico State releases their season ticket sales #, but we don't? I feel like we're one of only 10 schools in FBS that doesn't release both season ticket #'s and booster club #'s (MGC). Capacity of their stadium is roughly the same as ours, and they have significantly fewer students in Las Cruces than we do in Denton. Come on RV and crew - get your acts together!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

http://www.abqjournal.com/632557/sports/aggie-football-homes-to-sell-out-sept-12-home-opener.html

"NMSU believes the school will match last year’s 5,326 season ticket sales."

How come New Mexico State releases their season ticket sales #, but we don't? I feel like we're one of only 10 schools in FBS that doesn't release both season ticket #'s and booster club #'s (MGC). Capacity of their stadium is roughly the same as ours, and they have significantly fewer students in Las Cruces than we do in Denton. Come on RV and crew - get your acts together!

I guess some things are best kept secret. Kind of like telling a hot gal that you carry a small endowment before asking for her phone number.

• Upvote 1

That was the 100th year SINCE we started playing football.  However it wasn't the 100th year OF playing football, since a couple of seasons were lost to WWII.

So despite being less than half our size, not having a winning season since 2002, losing an average of 9.8 games a season over each of the last 10 years, and having very few alumni who live in the area... they have managed to sell 1100 more tickets than we managed to sell coming off a bowl win?

GVAXLMw.gif

#UNTADforlife

• Upvote 1

That was the 100th year SINCE we started playing football.  However it wasn't the 100th year OF playing football, since a couple of seasons were lost to WWII.

So despite being less than half our size, not having a winning season since 2002, losing an average of 9.8 games a season over each of the last 10 years, and having very few alumni who live in the area... they have managed to sell 1100 more tickets than we managed to sell coming off a bowl win?

GVAXLMw.gif

Yeah, it's pitiful. 

I use to live near the stadium. Anyone who thinks NMSU has anywhere near the gameday atmosphere and butts in the seats compared to us is delusional. They may sell season tickets to local people or businesses but that stadium is a complete ghost town. 

Edited by UNTexas

GVAXLMw.gif

UNT only sold around 4000 season tickets last year? O_O

And we were upset on the UH board last year for only selling 15,000...

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Congratulations on beating North Texas for season ticket holders...how did that compare to Texas or A&M ? You should go to any of their sites and tell them that you had 15k in season ticket holders and that you scoreboarded North Texas.

Oh wait--I forget--you can't go to some of those sites anymore--for being banned--even though you haven't played those teams more than twice since the SWC broke up in 1995. That seems perfectly normal--not insane at all!!

May I suggest you go to UCF's site or USF's site or Memphis's site--since you play them every year in your conference. Because we have played you exactly twice in 15+ years--we really don't give two $hits about you guys right now--you know, since we don't play you guys anytime soon.

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 5

Congratulations on beating North Texas for season ticket holders...how did that compare to Texas or A&M ? You should go to any of their sites and tell them that you had 15k in season ticket holders and that you scoreboarded North Texas.

Oh wait--I forget--you can't go to some of those sites anymore--for being banned--even though you haven't played those teams more than twice since the SWC broke up in 1995. That seems perfectly normal--not insane at all!!

May I suggest you go to UCF's site or USF's site or Memphis's site--since you play them every year in your conference. Because we have played you exactly twice in 15+ years--we really don't give two $hits about you guys right now--you know, since we don't play you guys anytime soon.

I only talk crap to UCF, USF and Memphis when we play them. Also, you clearly care enough to respond to me. You could have easily ignored what I said if it bothers you so much. I was only making an observation, I honestly thought UNT's season ticket sales were around the 8-10k range.

UH was upset on their board about selling only 15,000 tix? 0_0

^ You wan't to know why I didn't know that?

A1: I don't care

A2:I have never felt the need to troll another team's football board, as well as pay constant attention to another team's board that we are not playing in the near future.

• Upvote 1

I only talk crap to UCF, USF and Memphis when we play them. Also, you clearly care enough to respond to me. You could have easily ignored what I said if it bothers you so much. I was only making an observation, I honestly thought UNT's season ticket sales were around the 8-10k range.

Nah, calling out your ridiculousness and keeping you as the board's piñata is fairly entertaining...