Dajon Williams transfers to Texas A&M Commerce

Harry

I predict mediocrity.  He needs to focus on family first, school second, and football third.  My belief is that he did what he should have done and set his priorities this way while at UNT, which didn't leave enough time to put in the work to be a successful FBS QB.  A QB's physical assets have to be balanced with knowing their program like the back of their hand, and that takes a lot of study time.   (Make fun of Canales' tests all you want.). One can never completely compensate for the other.

This is isn't a knock against Dajon.   I believe he doesn't have enough time in the day between school and a young baby plus trying to be a college QB, if his priorities are right. We'll see.  

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

Maybe we'll play him for homecoming next year??!?!?

There's no way...

We can't play them until Dajon's eligibility would be up since we have to still play Lamar, Liberty, ACU, and Incarnate Word before they will get put on our schedule...

Homecoming in 2020 is VERY possible, though...

• Upvote 2

I hope he does really well and gets to transfer back to FBS. He has that level of talent, the situation just never seemed to work out here.

Only problem is, he's already used up his redshirt year.  His late arrival in Commerce puts him behind where he might otherwise be, but even assuming he tears up DII to such a crazy extent this year that FBS suitors come calling . . .

He'd have to sit out next year, his junior year.  Which would only leave him one year of eligibility.  He'd probably be better off staying in Commerce, racking up crazy stats, and giving himself an outside shot at an NFL camp.

I would have to think that his FBS days are over.