James Gray: Scarred and Skilled (Video)

Harry

Was already very excited about Gray's contribution to a rebuilt secondary.  This piece certainly only furthers that excitement.

Despite the turnover on the back end of the defense, I'm expecting the Patrick/Cosh front seven to feature a deep rotation with heavy pressure in the backfield...could lead to a pretty big couple years for Gray in Denton.

I don't think a lot of people realize how far we have come in just a year as far as depth. We can argue talent, but the depth of the team is so much better it is laughable. We may not have top end talent, but we have a bunch of guys that can play on Saturdays at every position, especially on the defense. the only position i am really worried about is OL. 

I have Davis, McClain, Gray, Buyers penciled in to start but behind them we have Jakii Moore (FBS level athlete who was slated compete to start at UAB before getting injured), the Jackson Twins who have played meaningful FBS minutes and even started at one point in their careers, Jamal Marshall, one of the fastest guys on the team and a big strong CB/Safety), and a talented but unproven SEC Caliber athlete in Fernandez. Not to mention a guy like shilleci who has been in the program for a while and has been thrown in the fire at times in his career. I feel pretty confident this Defense is going to be pretty good.

I have no clue what to expect from the Offense overall, but the guys that we brought in on defense were great gets from the Juco and transfer recruitment. I honestly believe they will make major impacts this season.