Bus Seats to smu NOT AVAILABLE for NT alums ??

cogido

If enough of us take the train it will make for a good atmosphere.  I'm with 23, let us alums use the train option.  With all of the construction going on the highways we should try to familiarize ourselves with this and get others to do the same.

As it should be. Get the students fired up with a unique first game experience at a price everyone can afford. 

Alums depart from East Side...Fill Those Busses!

GMG

East Side will be selling a package for  bus, Smu ticket and beer for tailgating for only $40 August 14th.   Buses depart at East Side at 2:30 and game starts at 6pm and depart directly after game and plan on being back at 10-10:30.  We have 4 buses that hold 56 people and they will fill up.

If you have a ticket already, Bus and tailgate beer will be $25.   Please bring CASH. 

We have about 40 packages left for the East Oak Alumni Section.  $100  and that gets you 5 home game tickets, shuttle to and from, SMU ticket, bus shuttle to SMU game, an awesome UNT t shirt and  beer after each game.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

well count me in for the train gig +3 other people

You want to meet up at the Parker Road station? It is on the Red Line, and that takes you straight to the Mockingbird station we need to be dropped off at?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Is John selling tickets for this game individually?

I'm just trying to figure out the best option to buy tickets to be around other passionate UNT fans and ride the East Side bus over.

Yes.  I bought one last weekend.  

Seems he's selling in any combination you want.  Ticket only?  OK.  Ticket and bus?  OK.  Bus only?  OK.  Season tickets plus SMU?  OK.  

• Upvote 1

You want to meet up at the Parker Road station? It is on the Red Line, and that takes you straight to the Mockingbird station we need to be dropped off at?

@GMG24 I think @UNT 90 Grad is arranging a bit of a pre-game hang at the Downtown Plano Station somewhere and then take the train from there. Only a few miles south of the Parker Station.

• Upvote 1

It is probably best to give the students priority for the bus seats as their transportation options are likely more limited than those of the alums. Does the DART rail go from Denton to Mockingbird? I know I took it from Frisco to Mockingbird in '07.

It is indeed possible to get from UNT to SMU this way without ever stepping foot in a car - for just $10.

• Upvote 1

@GMG24 I think @UNT 90 Grad is arranging a bit of a pre-game hang at the Downtown Plano Station somewhere and then take the train from there. Only a few miles south of the Parker Station.

This is true.  There are several cool bars and whatnot by the downtown Plano station.  There isn't really anything by the Parker Road station, unless you want to hang out in the 7-Eleven parking lot.  Regarding downtown Plano, I'm organizing something at Vickery Park.  I organized a UNT football watching party there last year.  Good beers and food.  They have a popular brunch on Saturdays.  TVs to catch some of the early games.  The train station is right around the corner.  

I haven't landed on a meet up time yet.  The manager is supposed to call me tonight. 

• Upvote 1

Come on y'all! If you're all growed up then you can figure out how to safely get to a game and back without taking a kids seat on a school bus.

My friends and I will be getting a hotel down there, drinking too much, and making bad decisions without a vehicle to get me in trouble. 

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 5