What will our attendance be @SMU?

Harry

What will our attendance be @SMU?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What will our attendance be @SMU?

• 5000+

As pointed out in another thread, if Dr. Smatresk's claims about the bus demand are true, there will be 1200-1600 students traveling on those buses alone.  I can't imagine that much more than 1/4 of students going to the game would be traveling on those buses.  So I'd have to say that student attendance should be at least 4k.  Throw in alumni, and I would say that 5000 is almost a conservative estimate.

P.S.: What's happened to the site this evening?  It looks like a clown site.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 1

I put 4k, and that is the guarantee amount for me. I would not doubt a 5k show up because the bus deals going on with John W. and the University. I have heard a lot of talk from alumni about attending this game on here, in person, and social media. So that makes me confident that we are going to have a good turnout. 

Edited by GreenTexan13

I know there are a few here who don't like this series, but I got to say, I haven't seen so much hype and promotion for an upcoming season in my time here.  This is really a step in the right direction for us.

Don't ask me why but the Idaho opening game had me more concerned than this one. 

• Upvote 1

I think UNT fans are an optimistic and hopeful bunch for the most part.  This game sets up nicely.  Let's be honest, if we player @Texas again, we would not see as much interest based on our road performances lately.  But with this game being at home in Dallas, it will draw some fans that might not even be making it to Denton.

i would be happy with 3-4k.  If we hit 5k I will be thrilled.  Would be an awesome atmosphere.

I'm going more with the optimistic crowd and saying around 10,000 in Green, around 10,000 that will be a combination of Dallas giveaways along with those in Red, plus something around the usual 10,000 or more ghosts that regularly haunt Gerald J. Ford Stadium to get us to an announced crowd of around 30,000. 

I can see the guy who is in charge of tracking attendance for SMU doing the, "guess how many marbles are in the jar". tactic when he turns in the attendance, If SMU poops the bed again this year, I can promise you they will bring 2 fans (who live in Denton) to our game next year.

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 1