McNulty shines in UNT's first scrimmage

Harry

The senior came out of the scrimmage just like he went into it — UNT’s starter.

“Every opportunity Andy Mac is getting right now, he keeps getting better and better,” McCarney said. “He’s going to be hard to beat out. Not impossible, but if he stays healthy and keeps executing like he has this first week he will be hard to beat because he is really sharp.”

McCarney said he has been impressed with Smith’s athleticism but said he is way behind UNT’s other quarterbacks. Smith quickly moved up to share the third line on the depth chart with Connor Means, but he still has a long way to go with the clock ticking down before UNT’s opener.

“We are not just going to throw him in there,” McCarney said. “He has only been here a week. We are not elevating anybody based on hopes or dreams or wishing or hoping or wanting. It’s going to be based on performance each day and consistency in fairness to the guys who have been here. He’s getting a lot of work. He would tell you that.”

Smith wasn’t made available to the media following practice.

read more:  http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/sports-headlines/20150815-football-mcnulty-shines-in-unt-s-first-scrimmage.ece

Edited by Harry

Mac knows what the fanbase thinks of AM. He wants to win with him so bad so he can point and laugh in everyone's face.  :D

Really?  You think GMG.Com represents the "fan base"?  Heck, about 2/3 of the fan base have never heard go GMG.Com I would hazard to guess.  GMG.Com represents a certain segment of the fan base, no way the majority of the fan base.  Depending upon, of course, how you define what is...is.

Not disputing your thoughts regarding Andy Mac, but I do think Coach Mac has much to much on his plate to care one iota about shoving anyone down anyone's throat.  Mac wants to win...period.  He will start the players he thinks gives the team the best chance of winning.  Fans, of course, have their own opinions.  Often, quite different than the HC for any number of reasons and not always talent related.

I know it is not a popular opinion here, but I am guessing the majority of the fanbase are willing to go with whoever Coach Mac trots out on the field.

i assume most here recall all the crap-ola spewed here regarding the QB situation the year Mr. Thompson was heading into his senior year...how did that end up?  Nine wins including a New Year's Day Bowl victory.  Was Mac shoving DT down folks throats then?  If so...I hope he keeps shoving.  

We will all see soon enough how it works out.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 4

Really?  You think GMG.Com represents the "fan base"?  Heck, about 2/3 of the fan base have never heard go GMG.Com I would hazard to guess.  GMG.Com represents a certain segment of the fan base, no way the majority of the fan base.  Depending upon, of course, how you define what is...is.

I know it is not a popular opinion here, but I am guessing the majority of the fanbase are willing to go with whoever Coach Mac trots out on the field.

Really? Because I recall last year  there were home games where MiniMac was booed onto the field and chants of "Da-jon" would rise. Just because they're not on GMG.com doesn't mean the collective consensus cannot arrive at a similar conclusion. They/we are not stupid.

-----

In other news, Brett Vito continues to be this fanbase's largest troll.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Not disputing your thoughts regarding Andy Mac, but I do think Coach Mac has much to much on his plate to care one iota about shoving anyone down anyone's throat.  Mac wants to win...period.  He will start the players he thinks gives the team the best chance of winning.  Fans, of course, have their own opinions.  Often, quite different than the HC for any number of reasons and not always talent related.

i assume most here recall all the crap-ola spewed here regarding the QB situation the year Mr. Thompson was heading into his senior year...how did that end up?  Nine wins including a New Year's Day Bowl victory.  Was Mac shoving DT down folks throats then?  If so...I hope he keeps shoving.  

We will all see soon enough how it works out.

Considering that this site has over 13,500 registered users (obviously not all fans), I'm not so sure that a pretty hefty percentage of our fan base isn't at least aware of this board. Of course that kind of depends on how we define our fan base, and based on our season ticket sales our "true" fan base numbers leave a lot of room for improvement. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Really?  You guess that a third of the fan base have heard of gomeangreen.com?  Impressive!  Good work Harry and Evan and sometimes Ashton!

:cool:

• Upvote 6

• Harry locked this topic