SMU Scrimmage Pics 8.15.15

Harry

I heard the bleachers had collapsed once during an SMU game. Fortunately no one was hurt when they found out there weren't in fact, any fans.

Legit story or an invented one for jokes? I'm fine with either just curious if they actually collapsed. The SMU Band legit broke some stands doing the 4th quarter tradition called Beans. I believe they were the stands at Rice but I could be wrong.

• Upvote 1

Legit story or an invented one for jokes? I'm fine with either just curious if they actually collapsed. The SMU Band legit broke some stands doing the 4th quarter tradition called Beans. I believe they were the stands at Rice but I could be wrong.

it's a joke man, I ike y'all's stadium a lot. Haha, I had to get you back for that UNT mug joke you posted.

• Upvote 1

it's a joke man, I ike y'all's stadium a lot. Haha, I had to get you back for that UNT mug joke you posted.

Was it the same mug that everyone on the planet knows about?  You know, the one with the black handle, and is the reason my fraternity brothers from other states now remember what school I went to?  Because if that's the one...I just ordered it on ebay.  Nothing to really worry about if someone from SMU notices the same thing that the rest of the world has seen

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've always wondered why no one has thought of putting the school name or player's name some car dealer's logo on the part of the shoulder pad that hangs down and reads "DOUGLAS."  I see DOUGLAS in almost every other photo.  Frequently, the RIDDELL logo is replaced with the school name or mascot. 

That's what I found interesting about this series of photos.  I couldn't care less about Southern Meth.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

I've always wondered why no one has thought of putting the school name or player's name some car dealer's logo on the part of the shoulder pad that hangs down and reads "DOUGLAS."  I see DOUGLAS in almost every other photo.  Frequently, the RIDDELL logo is replaced with the school name or mascot. 

That's what I found interesting about this series of photos.  I couldn't care less about Southern Meth.

GO MEAN GREEN

Congrats on using Couldn't Care Less correctly. Don't see that too often on the internet.

• Upvote 2

My thoughts exactly.  To me, they look like they suck

Not just from still photos, but from intense Dallas media coverage and comments of new coach who is absolutely dominating Texas HS recruiting. " To beat us you'll have to kill us". Preston Line will follow in his brother's footsteps. The A$M transfer QB far outshines any we can put on the field. They are pissed off about last year and sandwiched between BU and TCU, this is a MUST win game for SMU! The old adage that a team improves most from its first game to its second will come into play here. BU will be a strong home test for them, while we will have no idea of what we can do having only played" Open Date University". Maybe we learn enough from this non-rivalry game according to Mac that we play better against Rice, but I feel putting SMU in the automatic "W" column is a very dangerous assumption. We have not won in their on campus stadium anytime in the modern era. If we don' t come to play our best game, and Mac continues to say this is a " non-rivalry" game, we are in big trouble.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Not just from still photos, but from intense Dallas media coverage and comments of new coach who is absolutely dominating Texas HS recruiting. " To beat us you'll have to kill us". Preston Line will follow in his brother's footsteps. The A$M transfer QB far outshines any we can put on the field. They are pissed off about last year and sandwiched between BU and TCU, this is a MUST win game for SMU! The old adage that a team improves most from its first game to its second will come into play here. BU will be a strong home test for them, while we will have no idea of what we can do having only played" Open Date University". Maybe we learn enough from this non-rivalry game according to Mac that we play better against Rice, but I feel putting SMU in the automatic "W" column is a very dangerous assumption. We have not won in their on campus stadium anytime in the modern era. If we don' t come to play our best game, and Mac continues to say this is a " non-rivalry" game, we are in big trouble.

Maybe you should watch the periscope videos when they come out. You can see the SMU helmet being used for motivation in certain drills. I believe Mac has changed his tune about SMU.

• Upvote 2

Prescott* Line