MGB breaking news -- Florida linebacker enrolls at UNT

Brett Vito

If he's got an coverage skills at all, love to see him slid into the spun down run force safety.... His tackling needs to improve, while he can knock the dog out of kids smaller than him and he definitely plays mean he will have to work on wrapping up and running his feet at college level. I wish more teams taught kids how to tackle like the Seahawks, very safe, very effective way to tackle. They stole it from the rugby teams across the globe. Very cool stuff. 

• Upvote 3

If he's got an coverage skills at all, love to see him slid into the spun down run force safety.... His tackling needs to improve, while he can knock the dog out of kids smaller than him and he definitely plays mean he will have to work on wrapping up and running his feet at college level. I wish more teams taught kids how to tackle like the Seahawks, very safe, very effective way to tackle. They stole it from the rugby teams across the globe. Very cool stuff. 

I'd be interested in seeing someone like this in a Deone Bucannon / Shaq Thompson hybrid role.  With so many spread offenses, a hybrid player like this could be huge.

• Upvote 3

excellent news!  Thanks for getting this info for us Brett.  Looks like a good pick-up for the Mean Green!  Way to go Coach Patrick.  Welcome to the Mean Green.  Here's hoping the late rush won't throw this kid off his game or studies.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hope he's everything we hope he is!  I keep getting excited about guys we get that almost ended up at big-time programs (or were already there and wanted more playing time)...and they end up being less than advertised.  So I'm gonna get excited all over again and hope all over again for this one.  So, on the off chance that you're reading this, Darrien, I really hope you're the CUSA Newcomer or Defensive Player of the Year!  Playing at a G5 program gives you a huge chance to shine if you take advantage of it!

• Upvote 6