MGB: Five seniors who could make the most of their final year

Brett Vito

Who called him a shut down corner? Vito called him "a veteran with a reputation as a solid player".

but vito stated that opponents would throw at the corner opposite of buyers like he is a shut down corner.  Whether it is davis, grindle or marshall I'm sure buyers would be the top choice when it comes to throwing at.

but vito stated that opponents would throw at the corner opposite of buyers like he is a shut down corner.  Whether it is davis, grindle or marshall I'm sure buyers would be the top choice when it comes to throwing at.

Then why is Buyers about to start for his 3rd year with no real competition for his spot? Just because of his D against the run?

Then why is Buyers about to start for his 3rd year with no real competition for his spot? Just because of his D against the run?

pretty much. I'm a buyers fan.  I don't think he's a terrible cover guy, but anyone paying attention would know that is not his strength.  Especially man to man, tight, or press coverage.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

pretty much. I'm a buyers fan.  I don't think he's a terrible cover guy, but anyone paying attention would know that is not his strength.  Especially man to man, tight, or press coverage.

Yes. Buyers is usually solid vs the run, but his cover skills is at times very lacking. He needs to play to his strengths and punish people vs the run. If he does that he can revert the running game to dominantly one side of the field on outside running plays.

• Upvote 1

Typically the CB opposite Buyers is the press guy. James Jones had a lot of plays in press, way more often than Buyers ever did. Makes me think Davis will be the press guy this year.

Buyers does a good job of keeping the pass play in front of him, and keeping those plays short. He's not very fast so he plays off the receiver, and likely the Z receiver.

• Upvote 2