Black/Eagle Full-Size Replica Helmet

Fry Guy

Note: These are the same black helmets that debuted last year during the nationally televised game against Louisiana Tech, and not the brand new black helmets that were recently pictured during the unveiling event for this year's uniforms.They feature a tapered black center strip with repeating miniature eagles in gray. 

Uhh....

The helmets in the video WERE the La Tech game helmets. We aren't getting new black helmets. Just new green sparkle paint ones to match the new uniform color and a new SOW sticker with a black outline.

DRC_UNTvsLaTech_14.jpg

large.Screen_Shot_2015-08-07_at_6.18.55_

• Upvote 3

Uhh....

The helmets in the video WERE the La Tech game helmets. We aren't getting new black helmets. Just new green sparkle paint ones to match the new uniform color and a new SOW sticker with a black outline.

You sir, are 100% correct. I didn't see the familiar center stripe at first glance, and thought they might be sporting a slightly different black helmet this year. But, after watching the video even more closely, I completely concur. They are the exact same helmets. Thanks for pointing that out!

Edited by Fry Guy
  • Upvote 3

So, I know the HOD bowl was a while ago now, but does anyone know if the Athletic Department has any of those helmets for sale still? I always wanted one, but was a student at the time and couldn't afford it... If not, one of these might have to suffice... 

Uhh....

DRC_UNTvsLaTech_14.jpg

large.Screen_Shot_2015-08-07_at_6.18.55_

It's amazing.   That's three guys who could likely play QB better than Mini Mac while wearing that helmet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1